This passion is still alive in me; TRANSFER of MAJOR (To technology management)

SnowWolf 4 / 15  
Why do I want to transfer to the HRD/TCM program and how does this align with my career goals? (The prompt)

As technologies rapidly develop, mankind move towards information age, advance technologies are leaking into every field previously occupied by man, the result is increasing productivities , along with these new found productivities mass amount of information are being produced. The efficiency of processing these information are becoming increasingly important, organizations constantly seeks new methods and technologies to help them improve their efficiency. I would like to change my major into technology management and take up front runner position to help organizations improve their efficiency to create a better life for tomorrow.

I've long been interested in the applications of science and technologies. In my youth, whenever the family received new appliances or I received new electric toys, I loved to take them apart to see how they work. I constructed my first computer when I was 12, and I loved the experience that it gave me. there is no greater joy than seeing your own handy work coming to life.

This passion is still alive in me. I love learning and exploring the news of the latest technology and dreaming about the prospects of new technologies. It is the joy and the passion I have for the technology that bring me to apply for this major. I know my interest and knowledge of technologies to be able to assist me in my future career paths. This major would be a great outlet to expand my education and experience in this field.

The qualities to succeed and become a great manager are some that I see myself having. I enjoy the interconnectedness of human race. I love being social, communicating well, and caring very much for people that I deem as loyal to me. Leading when others are not is a task I am not afraid of. I feel that I can lead and manage well. I welcome the opportunity for self-improvements in the areas of management, it would help me grow as a character and a better person.

Careful considerations are needed before making any major decisions, and I took serious considerations when I applied for this major. No matter what the challenges or difficulties are ahead of me I am willing to accept them and do everything in my power to succeed here!
formenthos 3 / 20 2  
In my youth

Don't talk about your youth.

I could infer that all your experiences led you to your other major... and now you're saying to missevaluated that... how do we know you're not kidding yoursle fnow?

Concentrate on why you are leaving your current major. What was not satisfying in that field that you belivev you can get in tech management? I guess after you frame why you were wrong to be in w/e you are in now, then you can say that you now realize you should be this because of your "youth"

I have a similar experience.

I was a mech engineering major becuase my mother and uncle are engineers, and my grandparents were bio-med scientists. I thought I would enjoy this field of science. However, I failed at it. I couldn't feel passionate about a number directed line of reasoning. All throughout high school I thought I would be an engineer. I was wrong. I soon realized that all throughout highschool, and my youth, that I had always loved the art of presentation, specifically motion pictures. So I want to be a film-maker.

That is just a basic gist. But you need to say where you are coming from, why you're turning away from it, and why this is a good choice for you. Make sure you don't say that studying was hard or something, because no one wants to hear that. I couldn't get into engineering because it wasn't a passion. I should say something about why I first chose it though... but you get the idea.
As technologies rapidly develop, mankind move towards information age, advance technologies are leaking into every field previously occupied by man, the result is increasing productivities ...

Well.... all what you say here is true. However, I have a concern whether that's going to help you with your application. They need to know why you need this transfer and how you find an alignment between this new program and your future career goals. So, you need to have that aspect as your prime focus. You need to make use of every word ( that you are allowed for this prompt ) to make them convinced that your request for this transfer is a justifiable one. Do not tell them things they already know and have their attention on yourself.

Home / Undergraduate / This passion is still alive in me; TRANSFER of MAJOR (To technology management)