'Overcome my greatest challenge in life: Depression' Five paragraph Impact essay

Andreas Galster 1 / 1  
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I'm from Germany and I want to do TOEFFL and SAT tests in the near future, so I can study in the US. (So I am obviously no student or US resident at the moment. This is meant for personal practice.)

I haven't been to school for seven years, so I'm sure I'll need to practice a lot on essay writing and grammar in general.

Someone who made a difference in my life

My best friend Sabrina made a difference in my life, because I learned alongside her to believe in myself, I found the courage to follow my dreams, and overcame my greatest challenge in life: Depression.

I used to second guess my skills as a graphic designer for years. With every month my doubts became bigger, until I lost almost all faith in my work. Sabrina, an architecture student herself, thus highly interested in design and the shape of things, always showed great interest in my work and got easily excited about it. When I would say my work is not good enough, she would praise it. When I would be afraid I won't get the job done, she reminded me of where I (had?) stood half a year ago and how much progress I (had?) had made since then. Over the years this made me realize, that I am truly a great graphic designer, with ambition and passion, who has achieved a lot at the age of 22.

I met her on a language exchange website. I joined this site for my love for the USA. Back then the dream of living in the USA started to shape, which is now my most important goal. Over the years I became frustrated, because immigrating to the USA started to seem more and more impossible. Despite all the frustration I felt, she never stoped encouraging me, that I would live in the USA someday. According to her, I'm an even "better" American than she is, due to my high interest in American culture and politics. She showed me, that I have what it takes, to live in the USA and fulfill my dream of being a good citizen. Thanks to her my determination is greater than ever and for the first time I am absolutely certain, that I will make my dream come true next year.

When we met, we were complete strangers, with no idea who the other person really was. Only about a year later did we truly get to know each other, when I confessed to her, that I had been suffering from severe depressions for five years. As it turned out she was dealing with similar problems than I did and although we both felt out of control of our lives, we became each other(s' ?) foundation. Even though we were both broken, we could see the beauty in each other and we would show it. Through the ongoing support for our dreams and hope we both have made it to the point where we are right now. After years of struggling with sadness, we found happiness, by never giving up on each other.

Sabrina showed me how to live. For six years I had been frustrated, had no determination and no hope that my life would ever get better. She never left my side, even when we had our issues. She has been a true friend and I will honor and respect her love for me, by always being her best friend ï unconditionally.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
My best friend Sabrina made a huge difference in my life.because I learnedA longside her, I learned to believe in myself, I found the courage to follow my dreams, and I overcame mythe greatest challenge in my life: Depression.

For years, I used to second guessed my skills as a graphic designer.for years.

Sabrina was an architecture student herself, thusand was highly interested in design and the shape of things.She always showed great interest in my work and got easily excited about it.

When I would be afraid I won't get the job doneworried about deadlines, she reminded me of where I (had?) stood half a year ago and how much progress I (had?) had made since then.in only a half of a year.

Over the years, this made me realize t hat I am truly a great graphic designer, with ambition and passion, who has achieved a lot at the age of 22.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Overcome my greatest challenge in life: Depression' Five paragraph Impact essay