GW offers an education &college experience with a truly unique impact &once-in-a-life time

EighthHorcrux 2 / 2  
John Adams once said, "There are two educations. One should teach us hot to make a living and the other how to live". The University Honors Program provides both in my view, the ability to come out and make a living and support oneself but the other which is even more important to me is how to live. The program provides an expansive assortment of resources for the use of its students and implements a rigorous educational style that is not specific to a homogeneous group of people.

The small class sizes, professors, and the way that everyone is involved together are the things that grabbed my attention when learning about the program. From reviews and research that I know about the program, I like the fact that the program is a small community within a large community working closely together. The students are also able to spend more time with professors and have an important relationship with them; whether they need to come for help or advice.

Sitting in a class of possibly one hundred or more students can be hard, material and connection wise, because you do not get that one on one time with a teacher or professor. That is one of the big reasons that I like taking AP classes at my school, because most of my classes now have half as many students then there usually are in a class. This allows for a more active rather than passive style of learning of the material, which I have personally noticed benefits me greatly. I have been able to form great relationships with my AP teachers just because the classes are smaller and they have the ability to give you those five extra minutes of time that a regular class teacher wouldn't.

Finally what attracts me about this program is what I would be able to bring to it and how I could fit in. I have loved doing group projects in class, especially the one I am currently working on, the "We the People" competition, and being able to perform tasks and solve complex problems within a group. The ability to be able to work with other people and individually is very important to me as I like to incorporate differing opinions and ideas in work because I believe that portrays the bigger picture instead of a single spectrum.

From this I can see myself being successful with the GW Honors Program and using it to its and my full potential. For a major like Business it is important to work with various groups of people and have the knowledge of many topics that may not directly connect to it. I am looking forward to be able to take demanding courses and work with people that will challenge me as a student and as a person.
ygicantoo 2 / 7 1  
How* to make a living.
Take out "in my view" it's not necessary since you are the one writing it,

Home / Undergraduate / GW offers an education &college experience with a truly unique impact &once-in-a-life time