Motivation for becoming an effective teacher in Chile

collegebound28 13 / 22  
Describe your academic, professional, and personal background, and how your experiences will make you an effective teacher inChile.

As an undergraduate majoring in International Relations, the area of study that attracted me the most was economic development. As someone interested in having a career in economic development, it is important to have hands-on experience working in a developing country, particularly in education. I would eventually like to join the Peace Corps as an English language teacher and I feel that EODP will give me experience that I can carry with me into the Peace Corps. Fluency in another language provides academic and professional opportunities; learning another language not only allows one to experience another culture, but the chance to connect with others across the world. Studying a foreign language allowed me to form friendships with people all over the world; I would like to help students in the developing world do the same. I am excited to give students the chance to learn English from a native speaker; having had the opportunity to be immersed in a language I would like to give that opportunity to someone else. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel and immerse myself in the culture and language, but it is not possible for every student to have this advantage; through the English Opens Doors Program, I could give students a chance to experience learning another language from a native speaker and to learn about another culture without having to travel abroad. On a more personal level, I struggled to learn French and it was only through the patience and perseverance of my teachers that I was able to learn as much as I did. I would like to give that same opportunity to a student in a developing country. Furthermore, in a globalized world the best way to foster understanding between people, is through the sharing of cultures and languages.
- ...having a career in economicsdevelopment ,
- ...will giveprovide
- ...me with the experience...
- ...professional opportunities;, learning...
- ...another language does not only allows one...
- ...to form friendships with people all over the world;.
-...students in the developing worldcountries to do the same.
- ...to a studentsin afrom developing countrycountries .
- Furthermore, in a globalized worldspeaking globally the best...
- ...is through the sharing of cultures and languages.

I wish you the best of luck and with your essay, it's good and I hope you don't mind the remarks I made.

Home / Undergraduate / Motivation for becoming an effective teacher in Chile