My mother has been a role model ; Williams SE- looking through the window?

rew2402 5 / 21  
guys. please help me make this a williams standard essday.
critique and suggest if i should scrap this essay alltogether.
any andecdotes i can use? what else can be done?
as of me, i am happy with the beginning and the ending.
meh.

I see the broken glass on the floor. The bright sunlight sifts through the window and reflects through the broken glasses, shining like a thousand little diamonds. The sparkle blinds me momentarily as i stoop down to pick up the shattered (family) photo frame. I look through the window that sifts the sunlight, going down the memory lane.

My mother has been a role model in our house as my father, a civil service official, was usually posted in different cities for work. She would make sure that we could feel the absence of father. Amidst starting her own school and working for it day and night, she would make sure we didn't lack behind in our education and sports. Every day in the evening, she would send us, my elder siblings and me, to the nearby stadium and get us trained by an athletic coach so that we had a healthy body. When we would come back, she would sit with us and administer our studies, ensuring our wits were sharped as well. The school was her other child whom she worked for day and night. She singlehandedly took care of her children, did the household chores and run the school as well. I could hear her pray for the strength to do her daily chores, every night and yet I could only do a diminutive part to help her in every way.

I blow the glass particles off the photo frame and keep it on the table. I pick up each broken piece of glass, one by one, so as if recollecting the broken fragments of my past. I put the shattered pieces in the disposable back, bracing myself for the forthcoming life. I am what my mother has invested in me. I am ready for the coming world, knowing that the hand of my mother is on my back.
black and white 7 / 30 6  
The essay is very good. All you have to do now is to make a few corrections and your essay will be done. You neither have to scrap it or use any more anecdotes.

The first sentence of the second para is all cramped and sounds weird. Try to make simpple and short sentences rather than one, big sentence that instead of narrating something, is abstruse.

.... She made sure that we DIDN'T feel his absence.
.... the school was her other child FOR WHOM she worked day and night.
Hope this helps.
Please help me with mine.
mela3 2 / 37 2  
didnt LAG behind*
disposable pack? what word are you looking for here?
Overall, very good essay! I think you are set. Best of luck!
sj1912 3 / 18 1  
this essay is all about aunty, nothing about you. the only thing i figure out is that u are a sensitive person , thtats it!! wok on d conclusion or she will get admtted not you! write on hw u regret nt havng valued her helpped her. u were cared fr by her nd sisters nd nw ur left alon wid dem off to college. say dt she has pain in her joints cuz of all d wrk nd now cnt even cook fr long hours. U realize that until things r tken away frm u u nevr get deir worth. U cnt bring bak those days or cure her pain,give her a better begone yout, bt u surely cn make all she did worthwile by realizing her nd ur dream of becoming a _____ . you now will try to selflessly giv d wrld wat she gve to u...etc etc

why u no review my essays?! well, i kept my wrd nd did urs!
devabe2005 46 / 97  
Overall Good Essay. In conclusion you can still improve.
Mohaiminul 1 / 1  
Talking about some special/ memorable instances of your mother that has influenced you very much is more effective than talking about what she does everyday.

Home / Undergraduate / My mother has been a role model ; Williams SE- looking through the window?