Mom motivates to succeed in life

rmaxena 1 / -  
Faced with many obstacles in my life I never thought I would make it to this point. My motivation through it all is my mother. She gave up many opportunities because she chose to have me, I want to prove everyone wrong that doubted my mother's parenting skills. She works hard to make sure I'm well taking care of so I have to do the same repay her.
Alif Biswas 3 / 5 4  
You have told the Holy truth. Mom is like a gift of God.
You can only repay her by taking care of her.
Reneka, that i definitely a good opening statement for the inspiration prompt. Now all you have to do is build upon the statement that you made in order to create 3-5 paragraphs as an essay response. Why haven't you done so yet? Do you have any problems with developing your response? Let's see if we can help you out. Let's review your statement line by line and see what we can do with it. Shall we now?

She gave up many opportunities because she chose to have me,

It sounds like your mother had some rough patches in life when she got pregnant. If you won't mind sharing a bit of her struggles while she was fighting to bring you to term, that would certainly help the reviewer understand why you have so much faith in your mother. What happened when she was pregnant with you? What is her background? Where did she grow up?

I want to prove everyone wrong that doubted my mother's parenting skills

Why were there doubts? Who were these people? How did your mother respond to those "accusations" if any? Why do you believe her parenting skills were wrongly questioned? How do you plan on proving them wrong?

She works hard to make sure I'm well taking care of

Where does she work at the moment? How does she manage to take care of you while working? What difficulties does she face? Does she complain or does she just smile and let you know that it is all worth it for her?

What I am trying to do here is offer you some guide questions that can help you develop your essay into a full page response to the prompt. I realize that it seems like I am getting too personal, but that is how these type of prompts go. When you talk of who inspires or motivates you to be better in life, you need to show the deep connection and emotional bond that exists between the two of you. In the long run, you will find that it will help create a better idea of your personality, motivation to achieve, and ability to dream higher and better than what your mother ever dreamed of for you with the reviewer.

I hope I can read the fully developed essay soon :-) Good luck with developing it. I am sure it's going to be great.
@rmaxena, at first I was not sure what you're aim in writing this quiet short essay and I believe you can definitely write more.

Having read your essay, it suggest that your mother had a pretty tough decision to make and the decision she made is absolutely the best decision she ever did. Now, there's no point of elaborating that part of your life as it is stated obviously in the sentence you have, her motivation throughout your life will be emphasize when you get into something that you will be very successful for and be known for.

Now, maybe an addition of couple more paragraphs should be able to lift your essay and will define it's purpose.
Oh and I made a few corrections on the sentences that you already have;

- Faced with many obstacles in my life I never...
- She works hard to make sure I'm well takingtaken
-...cared of so...
- ...I have to do the same to repay her.

I look forward to reading your full written essay here on EF, best of luck!!!

Home / Undergraduate / Mom motivates to succeed in life