MIT essay (my family will never fail to celebrate together)

Sapphire 8 / 10  
Describe the world you come from, for example your family, clubs, school, community, city or town. How has the world shaped your dreams and aspirations? (500 words)

It has been quite some time since it remained dormant. Suddenly, it became active when myriads of color lights were set off forming beautiful patterns on it. Everyone was mesmerized by the scenic moment. It must have been a hectic day after all. Everyone rushed home, more travelers arrived at our airport, and vehicles occupied the highways. These scenes indicate that a festival has approached. That's the world that I came from: a place with different races and religions celebrating different festivals, full of attractive and adventurous places to be explored and a food paradise.

Family reunion during festivals is important to people in my country regardless of any race. My family is no exception. During Chinese New Year and other important festivals, my family will never fail to celebrate together. Although Chinese New Year is the most important festival to me, I enjoy Mooncake Festival the most. Not only can I get to eat mooncake, but also get to enjoy the night. Playing lantern on that night brings back my childhood memories. I was once a naïve and innocent child. There were no worries, burdens and problems. It was indeed euphoria.

As I grew up, enjoying the full moon during Mooncake Festival became a pleasure to me. Staring at the bright moon surrounding with shining stars and the breeze blowing at my face, I thought of my future. A barrage of questions appeared in my mind. What will I be in the future? A doctor, a manager or perhaps a janitor? Will my life be as simple as now or will it be full of obstacles? The question about my future has bombarded me for quite some time.

Although generally viewing films and television series is only for entertainment, it has a significant influence on me. I finally had a dream of mine after years of thinking. Watching main characters in the movies and series managing companies, traveling overseas to deal with international trades, staying in front of the computer screen to locate the best price and time to buy company shares and invests thrills me. The dream to establish my company which involves international business comes to my mind.

Realizing how people will react to my dream, I never told anyone about it. But nothing is impossible in the world. My mother used to tell me how difficult it is to raise me and my sister and my father had to work two jobs in order to support the family. My father worked tirelessly throughout years and finally established his own company. His untiring effort, passion and determination to provide my family a better life and both my sister and I a better education had motivated me to work harder towards my dream.

I knew that it is difficult to fulfill my dream, but I believe that as long as I work hard, there is always a possibility for my dream to come true. I will not let my dream to control me, but I will make use the dream of mine to inspire me.

Did I answer the prompt? Do i need to elaborate more on the first part of the prompt? How was it? All comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
It has been quite some time since it remained dormant. .

I don't know how I feel about that part, above. It has been quite some time since [what] became dormant. You had better specify.

Family reunions during festivals are important to people in my country regardless of any race. My family is no exception. During Chinese New Year and other important festivals, my family will never fails to celebrate together.

Great! This shows your interesting backgroung and perspective.
OP Sapphire 8 / 10  
Thanks for the comment.

It has been quite some time since the sky remained dormant.

Home / Undergraduate / MIT essay (my family will never fail to celebrate together)