Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'you would make a really good salary' - Why I want to be a nurse essay

Diablo8785 1 / -  
i am doing a essay for English class on why i want to be a nurse and i need help editing it and to see if i need to add something or take something out plz help me i would truly appreciate it

One of the most rewording careers a person could be is a Registered Nurse (RN). I have always wanted to have a career in the medical field where I would get to help people, I have chosen that the best career for me would be a Registered Nurse. Being a RN has numerous benefits such as you get to have a flexible schedule, you also would have a variety of job opportunities, and last but not least you would get to make a grate and rewording salary.

First benefit, as a RN a person would has a excellent and flexible schedule to choose form. A person can choose what shift to work from days, evenings, nights, and weekends. What hours to work like in hospitals and nursing homes a person can choose to work 8 hour shifts, 10 hour shifts, and 12 hours shifts. There are a lot of deferent shifts a person can choose from. To me working what ever hours I like would really benefit me because I would be able to spend more quality time with my 4 year old son who means the world to me and because of him is why I have the drive to do what I need to accomplish my goals and get my RN license.

Second benefit, as a RN you will get to have a wide variety of job opportunities to choose from such as a hospital, clinic, school, nursing home, travel nurse. And you can also choose to specialize in pediatrics, oncology, urology, neurology, and there are many other places you can specialize in especially if you are looking to work in a hospital. As a RN you will have the opportunity to choose a position in the nursing field such as a staff nurse, floor charge nurse, floor unit manager, director of nursing (DON) and many more to choose form. When I become a RN I would like to work in a hospital like Morten Plant in Clearwater, and there I most likely I would start out as a floor nurse and I know I would like to expand my education in the nursing field. Working there I would get to see for my self what other nursing positions are there and which ones I would enjoy doing.

Last benefit, working as a RN you will get to make a grate salary. A RN can make on a average anywhere from $30,000 to $40,000 a year and nurses that have specialized in a particular nursing field can make anywhere from $70,000 to $90,000. There are some nurses that can make a nice salary that is over $100,000 it all depends in what field you choose to go in. For me making a nurses salary would truly benefit me in so many way I would not have to live paycheck to paycheck and I would be able to buy anything that me and my son would need. I also would be able to but the house I always wanted o have for my family.

Being a RN has so many rewarding benefits where you get to choses the shifts and hours that best suites your life stile. Also you would get to choose from a large variety of jobs and places you would like to work at. And you would make a really good salary starting from $30,000 to $40,000 a year. There are truly a lot of benefits a person can get from working as a Registered Nurse.

Home / Undergraduate / 'you would make a really good salary' - Why I want to be a nurse essay