Why a major in computer science is what wish to pursue - Application Essay

mynah 1 / -  
Prompt: Discuss your reasons for pursuing the Major/Academic Program selected above?

The major I chose, and that I want to pursue, is Computer Science. I chose this particular academic program at NC State both because my career goal is to become a software developer and because I have always possessed an interest in technology and the creation of computer programs. My reason for being interested in the program itself lies in the fact that it is a convergence of my main interests: arts and technology, both of which come together to a solve problem or to create something useful. To create something that is not only visually appealing, but that also serves a purpose, whether it be one that provides entertainment or functionality.

I am the type of person that learns by solving things, and by understanding not just how to do things, but why they work as well. I feel as though, with this type of learning style, computer science and programming will be something that will be a perfect fit for me. To create or to plug in the code behind a specific application and then to see it work would be the ultimate learning experience for me. The satisfaction that comes with solving a problem and subsequently getting the exact result that was intended is what I crave. In addition, I enjoy learning at a fast pace, and I want to be continuously learning new things. As technology as a whole is constantly evolving at astonishing rates, the field of computer science is subsequently changing with it. In the modern world, there is almost no better choice for a fast paced learner than a technologically-based major such as computer science.

I want to get the best education I possibly can, and to fully understand my field. NC State is not only the number one school in the state for the Computer Science program, but also one of the best in the nation. Therefore, taking part in this program at the best school for it would achieve my goal of having the best learning experience that I possibly can. To be able to build a stable career in a growing industry out of the degree I earn while in college is my ultimate goal.
I wish to help out, kindly find the reference below;

- The major I chose,( should your sentence be followed by "and", a punctuation mark is not necessary )
- and that I want to pursue,...
- ...and because I havehad always possessedhave an interest...
-...together to a solve a problem or...

- As a wholeAs technology as a whole is constantly...
- ....evolving at astonishing rates ,...
- In theour modern world,...

- Therefore, taking part in this program at the best school for it would enable me to achieve..
- my goal of having the best learning experience that I possiblyI can have .
- To be able to build a stable career in a growing industry out of thea degree I earn while in college is my ultimate goal.

There you have it, I hope it helps.
I'd love for you to add a couple more sentences about how would you be a great addition to the institution once you get in.

Best of luck!!!
preota /  
You have to show them that choosing CSE isn't just Career choice but a passion. If you have passion for coding you must have self taught some basic programming language like python, C or something more basic like HTML. I think you should mention that.

I also think that you should express how your love for Computer first began to grow.

Home / Undergraduate / Why a major in computer science is what wish to pursue - Application Essay