Lost and Found. For the longest time, I've attempted to discover who I am.

takinwe124 2 / 3 2  
Tell us what you find most appealing about Columbia?

please look over essay for grammar and content, thanks:

For the longest time, I've attempted to discover who I am. I've learned that I'm slightly superstitious.The smallest signs always trigger me into a certain direction, and that's how Columbia first caught my eye. When I was a rising freshman during my school's orientation week, we were all randomly assigned cards with an image that directed us toward our lunch group for that day. One theme was Ivy League universities, and I received Columbia University. This wasn't exactly a defining point, but it fueled my interest. It's cliche to say that a person can be both lost and found in New York City, but it's pretty accurate when it comes to Columbia. Successful alumni like Ezra Koenig and Neil deGrasse Tyson were able to momentarily lose themselves in the heart of Manhattan, only to eventually pursue their passions after obtaining a stellar education behind those ancient gates. Personally, the most intriguing thing about Columbia is its absurdity. I mean, it takes someone with guts to decide to place an Ivy League university in the middle of such a dynamic city. All jokes aside, I believe this is the reason why Columbia alumni are some of the most successful individuals. They are constantly tempted with the lust of the city, and only a great amount of discipline allows them to be able to work as hard as they play, so that they can emerge triumphant from the rigorous environment. Regardless, I'm determined and up for a challenge. I'm ready to share the hunt for the Alma Mater owl with other Columbia students as we begin the long journey to achieving balance between our studies and the thrill of the city.
Boa503 6 / 16  
I think it is great!
jricha 2 / 11 1  
Content is great. A few grammar/wording issues.. "trigger me into" maybe change into to "towards a certain direction" And then During my high schools orientation week for rising freshman,...
OP takinwe124 2 / 3 2  
ok will fix, thanks for the feedback!

Home / Undergraduate / Lost and Found. For the longest time, I've attempted to discover who I am.