'I looked at rankings' - SANTA CLARA short prompt

saurabh93 11 / 94  
Briefly describe how you learned about Santa Clara University.
I first heard about Santa Clara when my father graduated from the school and really liked it. In 4th grade, as part of the California missions unit, I focused on Santa Clara for my project. While researching, I came across many books that made positive references to how successful the university is. Later, I visited the campus while watching my cousin graduate, and was drawn to the unique architecture and the openness of the quad. The summer after 9th grade, l took a computer class during which I discovered the way the classrooms looked. By now, I was acquainted enough with Santa Clara to set my sights on spending my undergraduate years there. Then came the time for college research, during which I looked at rankings. The US News and World Report gave high ratings to the school in business and engineering - two programs where I am considering declaring a major in. After a lifetime of familiarity with and admiration of the school, I feel that SCU will be a great learning experience.
unwana11 4 / 13  
The first sentence can be broken down, it seems like it's all clustered up, you can say "I first heard about Santa Clara when my father graduated from the school. I really liked it because (then put why you like it).

The fourth sentence, you can say "A few years later, i visited the campus during my cousin's graduation, and was drawn to the unique architecture and openness of the quad.

I believe the rest is good, great job.
Could you please look at my essay.
valsaviera 2 / 9  
i agree with unwana11
i think that you have a really good essay here...

Home / Undergraduate / 'I looked at rankings' - SANTA CLARA short prompt