Why do you want to join the Honors Program at GW?

shahindian2009 8 / 12  
Essay asks: Why do you want to join the Honors Program at GW?

George Washington's honor program stresses three key ideas: broad perspectives, motivation and overcoming challenges. These core concepts work hand in hand enabling a person to explore the 'real' world awaiting. I know that I am this person waiting to grasp different ideologues and comprehend our diverse world to fulfill my goal of becoming a leader in our cosmopolitan world.

Traveling to numerous countries around the world, I have gained a broad perspective on a multitude of topics. I am able to offer my opinions and give critical advice while still open and willing to learn from other peoples point of views and opinions. A broad perspective on life has allowed me to excel by understanding the needs and wants from a varied group, rather than limiting myself to only one aspect of an issue. This open point of view was a key factor in the leadership role of running many clubs on campus. In a rapidly changing world, it is absolutely imperative to have exposure to a broad scope of a subject; to make an informed and critical decision. GW's honor program will expand my perspectives.

From a young age, venturesome businesses of lemonade stands, babysitter clubs, and reselling my used books have infatuated me with the principles of business. I was motivated at this young age to understand the concepts of business and explore the endless possibilites that are offered through business. In the same way, I have been motivated to learn about many concepts and ideas such as our law system, capatilistic society and the humanity aspects such as community service. I know that the teachers, and peers in the GW honors program will have the same encouragement and passion, motivating me to understand our diverse and broad world. When students around me are motivated to learn, I feed off of their energy and collaborate to thoroughly understand foreign concepts. I am certain such motivation will be prevalent at the GW's honor program, and this is exactly what I need to pursue my goals.

Furthermore, the world beholds numerous challenges requiring one to overcome these hardships, face on. Enduring my own challenges of face deformities, financial constraints, and difficult coursework, I have the necessary strength to persevere and learn from these arduous challenges. Challenges are something that will be present throughout life, and I must continue to constantly learn how to deal with those upcoming challenges. As the GW honors' program presents challenges in the demanding coursework, I am optimistically looking forward to facing these challenges and become successful.

Thus, I can see myself succeeding at GW's honors program because the program offers perspectives, motivation and challenges. Looking at the broad range of classes that are offered, I am motivated to comprehend the challenging courses that lay ahead of me. The way the classes address humanity, mathematical and scientific subjects such as quantitative research methods to measure predicted behaviors based off of human sexual behaviors, are intriguing and definitely the right core classes that I can see myself in. I will do well in this program and look forward to join in Fall 2009.
I was motivated at this young age to understand the concepts of business and explore the endless possibilities that are offered through business. In the same way, I have been motivated to learn about many concepts and ideas such as our law system, capitalistic society and the humanity aspects such as community service.

I am certain that such motivation will be prevalent at the GW's honor program, and this is exactly what I need to pursue my goals.

I can see myself succeeding at GW's honors program, because the program offers perspectives, motivation and challenges. I wLooking at the broad range of classes that are offered, I am motivated to comprehend the challenging courses that lay ahead of me.

This sentence sems out of place and unnecessary: The way the classes address humanity, mathematical and scientific subjects such as quantitative research methods to measure predicted behaviors based off of human sexual behaviors, are intriguing and definitely the right core classes that I can see myself in.

You write without many errors! This is a good start, and I think it will be much better with another draft. Good luck!!!

Home / Undergraduate / Why do you want to join the Honors Program at GW?