"innovative ways of teaching" - How did you learn about Colorado College and why?

gyq 2 / 2  
Please help - all suggestions are welcomed! Grammar especially~=)Thanks!

When the idea of studying abroad emerged in my mind years ago, I read an article introducing innovative ways of teaching in the US. Colorado College, with its special Block Plan, drew my attention. Years later, while the names of most other colleges fade away, CC remains and I believe more firmly that the Block Plan would best suit my learning habit.

As an extremely energetic person, I honestly don't have any problem multitasking. However, to gain knowledge, I prefer to devote myself to one single area at a time so that I could investigate in depth. In the summer of 2008, as a member of Beijing Teenager Science and Technology Club, I was awarded the opportunity to do supervised research in National Institute of Biology (NIBS). I have always been fascinated by biology and found it especially rewarding to be able to do experiment in a first rate, internationally competitive institution.Throughout the two months, I arrived at the laboratory every morning at 8.30 and left sometimes as late as 9p.m.. In the evening, however late I arrived home, I read for one hour or so about molecular biology so that I would be more prepared theoretically for my research. Though demanding and challenging, the life as a researcher was truly fulfilling. When I returned to school after the vacation, I was still working on my research report but at the same time I had to spare my energy to memorize the "function of our government" whatsoever. The distraction was very annoying. In college, I would really love to study one subject at a time and explore the full context of what I like.

The Block Plan would also give me the flexibility to explore my other passions outside of the classroom. Many student organizations in CC attract me a lot, for example, the CC Collegiate Figure Skating Club and the CC Farm. Also, so far there does not seem to be many organizations or activities in CC about Chinese culture, I would love to set up a club introducing Chinese culture to CC students. I have been playing the Zheng, a traditional Chinese instrument, for nearly ten years now. Though I may not play as well as professionals, I will be able and would love to hold a recital in college and give some seminars to students who are interested.
ecordo5 4 / 29  
What I got from your essay is that you are a very determined person, you have relentless passion for biology, have good tone. Also, I like how to explained your role in that organization. I really don't know what else to say but good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / "innovative ways of teaching" - How did you learn about Colorado College and why?