'Grew up in Indian villages' - how has macaulay honors changed you

volleyball09 11 / 12  
It is now 2013. How has the macaulay honors college changed you?

As a little girl growing up in India, I would tag along with my parents to watch them treat patients in rural villages. As I watched my parents interact with their patients, make diagnoses, and administer treatments, I began to feel that my own calling was, like my parents', to make people healthier, while keeping in mind what types of communities they live in and what level of support is available to them.

It is now 2013. I have completed my pre-medicine track at Hunter College. However, I am not someone who only possesses the knowledge to cure people. Macaulay Honors College has led me to flourish academically and personally. The exposure Macaulay Honors has given me to diverse academic areas has instilled in me excellent critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity. It has helped me to gain many different perspectives and view my own aspirations to become a doctor in a different light. Involvement in the many internships made possible by the program has fostered my leaderships skills. The research opportunities at Hunter have also helped me prepare for my career in and strengthened my love for medicine. In order to become a successful physician, I realize that I must be dedicated to the health of the community, which are qualities I have see in my own parents. Looking back at the four years spent at Macaulay, I can rightly say that, through countless community service hours, my passion for helping others has only been enhanced.

I have experienced tremendous personal growth at Macaulay Honors College. The academic rigor of this program combined with the numerous opportunities provided to help me gain experience in my chosen field has made me a strong candidate for medical school.
jungim1004 - / 2  
I think the length of the essay should be extended. The maximum length is 300 words, so try to make more than 200. The content of the essay is perfect. Continue with what you've got.
I have completed my pre-medicine track at Hunter College. However, I am more than just someone who possesses the knowledge to cure people; Macaulay Honors College has led me to flourish both academically and personally.

Not too much room for improvement. Also, your essay got me thinking about going back to school to learn a few different natural healing modalities... like hypno-therapy! That would be excellent. Good luck to you, and look up neuro-linguistic programming as something to enhance your skill as a healer.

:)

Kevin

Home / Undergraduate / 'Grew up in Indian villages' - how has macaulay honors changed you