I was given a writing prompt on 5 senses...

Coley1120 1 / -  
However, I'm not sure which essay category it falls under. This is the writing prompt: "You have recently been diagnosed with a newly-discovered, rare disease that will most assuredly leave you a paraplegic. There is a cure, but the problem is that, in order to not become a paraplegic, you must lose one of your five senses: sight, hearing, touch, taste, or smell. It is your decision, but it must be made immediately. What do you choose, and why? " Is it a narrative, descriptive, response/reaction? I'm confused. I need a rough draft to be submitted by Tuesday. I'm currently working on some brainstorming, just need to know which outline to follow.

Thank you!
caseySchooling 5 / 22  
I would have to say, smell. Of all the senses, it seems least essential and can be somewhat replaced by taste.
Taste can allow you to absorb the smell in a more sensational feeling.

Of course, you need sight, hearing, and touch. Sight so you can view the world, hearing so you can hear what beautiful noises it makes, touch so you can feel the experiences you have and physically remember them, and taste so you can lastingly remember your experiences.

If you want to choose a more harsh reality for your sense loss, choose touch, and write in a very lackadaisical fashion. Without being able to feel, it would be a state of eternal numbness, and that would be terrible.
chocolatte 1 / 2  
I would write it as an opinion piece with some description, but it's probably better to ask a classmate or a teacher for confirmation.

Home / Undergraduate / I was given a writing prompt on 5 senses...