"Your Future Roommate is Minnesotan"-Sanford Roommate Essay

ama101 1 / 1  
Instructions: Write a note to your future roommate so that they can get to know you better.
Dear Future Roommate,
Hi! My name is Ama. I am very excited to share my space with you as we begin a new chapter in our lives. Let me tell you a few things about myself, so that you will be better prepared to meet the person you will be living with during your Sanford experience.

First off, I grew up in Minnesota, so living in sunny California will definitely be a treat. I look forward to all the fun activities we will do together; perhaps taking a trip to the nearest beach or to vibrant San Francisco.

I am usually quite tidy, but if you find a stray sock on your side of the room, feel free to calmly pick it up and place them in my hamper, as I shall do the same for you. Normally, I wake myself up every day, so there will be no need to pour ice cold water on my face in the morning. However, if you need someone to wake you up, I will gladly do so (although probably in a more polite manner).

Furthermore, I love great conversation and get along with almost anyone. I like to learn more about people from other parts of the country and the world, so if you have lived or traveled somewhere far from my home state, that would be great! I patiently await our meeting and look forward to creating wonderful memories with you.

Good feedback will be much appreciated! Thank you:)
Hi Ana,

I am very excited to share my space with you as we begin a new chapter in our lives.

I guess you mean more than your room by using the word space... then tell her that;
I am very excited to share my space, not just the room but also many enjoyable moments, with you as we begin our new chapter in our lives.
aleckdanielle 2 / 23 6  
I like it. It makes me feel pretty welcomed and wanting to room with you.
I am very excited to share my space with you, as we begin a new chapter in our lives.

I like your essay! The essay shows that you're outgoing, have a sense of humor, and seem easy to get along with. Good luck with school and have fun!

:)
Doom 13 / 37 2  
There is some danger in applying to a school like Stanford when you misspell the university's name :P jk jk

To be frank, it seems bland. you will be competing with people with ridiculously amazing backgrounds. Your roommate essay makes you sound like a nice person but nothing more

Find something special about yourself and focus on it. Be more open with how you express yourself. im getting the feeling youre afraid you might write something offensive or objectionable. don't be, this is the essay to show who you really are and what makes you amazing!

Best of luck!
OP ama101 1 / 1  
haha:)
Thank you so much for the feedback, I appreciate it! I will try to make it more exciting:)
exo101 1 / 8 2  
I think this is a good essay. You come off as a very nice and friendly person. However, I do agree with doom that you should incorporate qualities that make you unique.

Home / Undergraduate / "Your Future Roommate is Minnesotan"-Sanford Roommate Essay