It is the fountain I envision myself studying ; Columbia Supp/ Why?

sillybandz 6 / 20  
In my deluded haze, cars zoom past my buff brown eyes. Looking left, I notice that my moms face is a mirror of my own. An immense foreign territory unfolds before our chasing eyes. Somewhere near, my dad is off scanning for the library, intent on beating us. A swift passerby informs us that we are not far from our destination, but in the city, one wrong turn can make all the difference. The chase is exhilarating. Step after step my feet glide over the ragged stones, fumbling for the right path. Two footfalls later and my ears discern a rushing noise. Is that it? Sure enough, a few more paces and the fountains enclosed by glistening green grass that is habitually seen throughout photos of Columbia University is unveiled. Upon further inspection my dad can be seen gathered there talking to a tour guide, and knowing him, he's inquiring about the schools prestigious biomedical engineering program.

Rather than a singular idea that spurs my heart to flock to Columbia University, it consists of several little details. It is the fountain that I envision myself under, studying for my finals. It is the core program that allows me to study a wide range of subjects outside of my major; Latin, English and psychology all in collaboration. It is not only the opportunity to research in labs like the Synthetic Biology Laboratory, but to acquire fundamental knowledge through my studies there. These aspects together form the sole place in which I desire to pursue my future.

Is the idea there. Should I be more specific and explain?

Thank you
emalw202 3 / 9 1  
I think you definitely have talent as a writer. This essay was very enjoyable to read and your mastery of the English language is impressive. However, I still feel like you need to expand on why you want to attend Columbia a bit more. Overall, it's very good!
CMB19932015 3 / 18 4  
Yes I think you need to be more specific. More of the second and less of the first. Also is there anything you want to do in specific at Colombia you list a lot of things but could tailor it more to you own personal interest.

Home / Undergraduate / It is the fountain I envision myself studying ; Columbia Supp/ Why?