'Female roommate to share freshman college experience' BU supplement roomate question

pen2papr 1 / 2  
Please note that I am actually a very solid writer and am completely aware that this is NOWHERE near my best work. I just need it to "get the job done."

________________________________________________________
Wanted:
Female roommate to share freshman college experience with. Must be willing to engage in late night "study sessions" involving cheesy popcorn, classic movies, and long, meaningful conversations. Please note: will often indulge in endless anecdotes about literature, current events, historical figures, the meaning of life, and OPI nail polish. Those who know me best would therefore describe me as a "deep thinker." I am constantly trying to identify the connections between people, places, and ideas, if for no other purpose than to satisfy my own curiosity. I am apt to pose general questions such as"Have you ever thought about" or "Do you ever wonder," not in an attempt to catch you off your guard, but because I have found an idea so compelling that I feel the need to share it with you.

In exchange, I freely offer up the contents of my extensive iTunes library. Growing up in Chicago, the birthplace of jazz, the home of countless music festivals, and the first stop for musicals on their way to New York, music has always been something I turn to when in need of escape. I like a Yann Tiersen concerto and a good book when it rains, Bruce Springsteen in the car on my way to school, and 90's punk when I am in need of fortification while studying for a math test. Like my interests, the contents of my iTunes are varied and constantly multiplying.

I have a distinct appreciation for fine arts, literature, current events, athletics and the environment. (I became a strict vegetarian after watching only five minutes of an episode of Food Inc.) I enjoy wandering through art galleries as much as I do watching the original Star Wars trilogy or cheering at high school football games. For nearly fourteen years of my life I studied classical ballet. Two months ago I started writing a blog, just to see what it would be like to put my ideas in a public forum.

At my worst, I have a tendency to take myself and my ideas a bit too seriously. The first podcast I ever downloaded to my extensive iTunes library was entitled "The History of Rome - In 163 Parts." I am currently on episode 142. When I find myself presented with a challenge, be it slogging through thousands of years of history by ear or earning my black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I am determined to overcome it. At times, I can be incredibly focused in my efforts. Most of all, however, I love talking, thinking, writing and learning about history.

My love of the subject has perhaps been my most defining characteristic. As a toddler I voluntarily watched History Chanel documentaries with my father from his leather armchair. By the time I learned to read I was naturally drawn to works of historical fiction on everything from Marie Antoinette to the Salem Witch Trials. My maternal grandmother facilitated my transformation into a museum junky by stocking my bookshelves with everything from an anthology of historic dollhouses to a collection of Nordic folktales. Most memorable was a pop-up book depicting the Ancient Egyptian mummification process in which the reader could remove the organs of cardstock cadavers themselves. Entrails aside, my love of history is the very reason which drew me to BU in the first place.
m7md 4 / 16  
nice however, at the part when you say "those who know me..." i think you should start a new paragraph other than that good job!

thank you for commentin on my essay:D
OP pen2papr 1 / 2  
Thanks, but I already did :)
m7md 4 / 16  
haha didnt realize that before i posted anyway thank you for your feedback:D

Home / Undergraduate / 'Female roommate to share freshman college experience' BU supplement roomate question