'My ethnicity is Egyptian' - Inspiration Has Arrived

mahmoudkh 1 / 3  
My life as a whole has no more holes! My old world, Egypt; my mind was at rest when I was there, which means I never used it unless when I played soccer. I knew something was wrong with me, but I couldn't see it. I had a problem which in some cases stronger than any type of disease; it's a hidden disease. A type of disease that doesn't kill you, but kills your role in life, which is the purpose of being alive. People only notice it when they are completely or partly cured from it. Newton's second law of inertia says "A body that is at rest will stay at rest and a body that is at motion will stay at motion until an unbalance or an outside force acts upon it." When my mind was at rest I never used it in a coherent, or useful way due to the absence of the outside or unbalanced force. And that was my serious disease. Only one medicine can completely get rid of that disease, and that medicine is "Inspiration." Thank God, I've found it! Again, I never realized that I was living my life so obliviously, and inefficiently until I was inspired. But, how did that mighty medicine that happened to be called inspiration come to me? Hint; " Inspiration comes from where you least expect it."

Living in a world as if I was not living ! My ethnicity is Egyptian, which I call it "my old world." Egypt was indeed, and still is a great country. When people think of Egypt, the first images they picture in their minds are the pyramids. Well aren't the pyramids signs of greatness? I was so proud of being Egyptian because we have the great pyramids. Those people who built the pyramids did their jobs, but what about me? Obviously, I wasn't born only to be proud of being Egyptian, but I was born to be proud and pleased of who I am, and what I stand for in this world. Each one of us was born for a reason, and we have to work hard to get it accomplished. When I woke up in my old world to go to school every morning, I had only one thing in mind, and that thing was soccer. I didn't think about education, I've done my homework or not, how is my family doing, or anything of that nature. I didn't have those problems only when I woke up every morning, but I had them everyday, from the time I woke up, until the time I went to sleep. That's what I mean by saying I was living my life so obliviously!

A surprise call I've received from my father, telling me that I'm immigrating to the "new world," USA. It's a new world because I was inspired in it. After I've finished talking to my father on the phone, I was so content assuming that I was going somewhere where I will find more soccer and more fun. Where was the concept of family and education? They were still absent until this point. When I came to America , I met the source of my inspiration, my stepmother. She has a God given gift, which we call "Wisdom." My older brother who also came from Egypt along with me and I went to live with her, which was a brilliant idea of my father because she is an American, and that would cause us to learn English properly. My stepmother is a harsh woman, but it didn't really matter with me because I knew that I will get something in return from her. I have reputations of tolerating other people, and being patient with them!

How did a lifeless boy happen to live with a wise woman under the same roof? I never expected such a thing to happen when I was in Egypt. All I have to say is thank God for giving me that opportunity. The beginning of my inspiration started to happen; advice started to pour down into my brain without exiting out from my other ear. If she sees me doing things that I shouldn't be doing, she reminds me that whatever I'm doing is not right by giving me advice that sticks in my head, and every time I approach in doing that action I remember the advice that she gave me, and most of the time I prevent myself from doing it. Advice is way more powerful than what we think! The advice became to act in my heart as self-suspensions, or warnings when I approach doing something wrong. Three years have passed, when I moved to live with my father, but when I moved away I was a new person whose brain started to work efficiently. I started loving being educated, figuring out my role of living, starting to think of my future, and I also want to elevate our science world into a higher level. My stepmother gave me a powerful push (the unbalanced force) to start my life, and now I'm carrying on without stopping to reach my goals, and to accomplish my role of living. "A body that is at motion will be at motion until an unbalance or outside force acts upon it." I know that (God willing) the motion of my brain will not stop or go back to the old version because the push of my stepmother is stronger than any outsider force to put me at rest, or even to slow me down. I never thought that my stepmother would change my life completely by helping me finding myself, and that's how Inspiration came. It came for me where I least expected!
OP mahmoudkh 1 / 3  
If you can, please give some feedback.

That's my admission essay!
Nnennej 1 / 16  
It is way too long and you need to include more details about yourself.The admission office wants to know about your world but they mostly care about you!Think about how your world has impacted you. I am having problems coming up with a succinct essay for this prompt too
OP mahmoudkh 1 / 3  
Thank you! I'll make sure to revise my essay and shorten it.

Home / Undergraduate / 'My ethnicity is Egyptian' - Inspiration Has Arrived