To get enrolled in school - Personal statement for college admission

emanri88 1 / -  
Any thing all commentary accepted.

Sometimes, when looking or evening thinking about new goals or new tasks they can seem overwhelming and unmanageable when visualizing the entire thing, but breaking down the process into smaller goals can help it become more attainable. When I first began to consider going back to college to better the lives for my son and I, it felt it was going to be almost impossible. However, nothing is impossible.

Over the past couple years my career goals have deviated from what I had originally sought out to do after graduating high school. I was seeking a degree in architectural engineering but due to personal circumstances I did a complete change. My fiancé had been in the same field as I was for a couple years and he had been laid off and was having trouble finding anything, so with my family in mind, I decided to turn to train for a position in pharmacy as a technician.

During my training my family underwent some very great changes and losses. My fiancé passed away leaving my son and myself on our own. Luckily, we've had support from both sides of the family. I did finish the pharmacy technician training, and since have been working as one at a retail pharmacy. However, in the last few months, I've been thinking that I have to do more for my son and myself. Unless I pursued pharmacy school, I am stuck in a dead end job with no more growing or learning. It can be a bit difficult to leave something that you're already familiar with, and I enjoy working with my coworkers who have become a second family away from home, but it now time to do and be better.

I have the drive to build a career that involved more than what I was doing: one where I could continue to help people be and feel better. I just needed the skills and the opportunity to determine what that other dream job was. Thinking through, of the two fields I had briefly studied, I enjoyed knowing the foundation of what makes something work and how medication worked within the body to help a person get better. I found Bioengineering to be the choice for me.

I have set a goal to apply and hopefully get enrolled in school, which of this entire process is the first step. My commitment to my education is very strong and I know that if I am admitted, I earn a solid grade point average, and graduate with the skills and experience I will need to build my career as a biomedical engineer and I am eager to begin this new stage of my life and education. Certainly it will be challenging to juggle schedules with home, school and work and time management but I have done it before, and with the set goal in mind, I know I can do it again with even greater success. I know that my commitment to my education will take some time away from my child, but ultimately it will be worth the sacrifice because he will see his biggest role model succeed and achieve her goals. He will realize how important an education is by witnessing all I have given up to achieve mine, and what a strong career I will be able to build because of those same sacrifices.
Kimbong93 7 / 12 1  
Dear writer, I am really happy to read your essay. It is completely clear. But let me to give you any suggetions.

In the second sentences of first paragraph, better if you erase article "the " and change "I " to "me ".

When I first began to consider going back to college to better lives for my son and me

Thank you.
Regards,

Kimbong93

Home / Undergraduate / To get enrolled in school - Personal statement for college admission