How an education at The Art Institute of Philadelphia will help you obtain your goals.

hirschmugl6 1 / -  
In 150 words or more, please describe how an education at The Art Institute of Philadelphia will help you obtain your career goals.

I just wrote this essay and was wondering whether it's too long or too short. It says a hundred and fifty words, I wrote 177. Also, any criticism would be wonderful. I was trying my best to stand out.

When I think about what I want to accomplish in a career in film, I think of both what the world can teach me, and what I can teach the world. Half my career goals surround being educated, so I suppose my first goal, before I even tackle large film, is to completely emerge myself in the culture of the industry. The Art Institute of Philadelphia, along with the city itself, presents so much to learn from. I can meet people with different mindsets, different views on art, from whom I can learn and study with. Another career goal I have is to create films that will amaze and educate the movie loving world. By learning media arts at the Art Institute, I will have such a broad knowledge of film that I will be able to both pay homage to the industry and entertain today's audience. Being able to pass down a history of great film is perhaps the largest career goal I have, and the Art Institute is able to pass that knowledge to me.
plee24 3 / 21 8  
This may be a little harsh, but better from me than from an adcom.
Sorry, I don't exactly see how you're trying to stand out. You have valid reasons, but many of them could be applied to other schools- you can meet people in New York with different mindsets, different views on art, so what exactly is it about Philadelphia that makes it so unique? I am sure everyone else who studies film also wants to get on the big screen and become a known name in film history. It's good that you delineate some of your goals, but you want to talk about how the Art Institute attracts you (do some research and mention a school-specific program or an opportunity A.I.P provides).

Overall, it is good. Good luck with the rest of your application!

Home / Undergraduate / How an education at The Art Institute of Philadelphia will help you obtain your goals.