'the concentration and focus on the major' - hope and learn from the Penn Community

chazzmil 5 / 9  
Considering both the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying and the unique aspects of the University of Pennsylvania, what do you hope to learn from and contribute to the Penn community? (Please answer in one page, approximately 500 words.)

The program that most interests me is the Wharton School. The exceptional attribute that distinguishes the Wharton School from any other business school is the concentration and focus on the major, rather than it just being a major. The Wharton School holds the maximum degree of tractability of any business school that I have examined. If I decide to change courses, I could create an individualized concentration. An additional unique quality is the natural sense of homogeneity. When graduating from the Wharton School, students naturally receive a Bachelor of Science in Economics, which in the long can make it easier for me to develop true teamwork skills with other Wharton students. It can also help remove some of the cut-throat competition that could be generated if some degrees that Wharton undergraduates could receive were further eye -catching to the present employment market than others. Having teamwork skills are necessary if anyone wants to run or work for a business. Practicing teamwork skills at the Wharton School can help prepare me for the real world.

An additional characteristic that stands out to me at the University of Pennsylvania is students are trained by professors who at the top of their fields of study. The opportunity is great for me, because it gives me the motivation and determination to one day be successful as they are. I desire to be the best and achieve my full capacity. Being educated by people that have accomplished the success at the Penn Community gives me hope to work harder to have those same satisfactions. I truly believe that by going to the University of Pennsylvania, I will have the right people in my corner to push me to be the best persons that I can be in all aspects. The ride is going to be a challenge, but I am ready to take this journey.

The greatest quality that separates the University of Pennsylvania from other school is the diverse student clubs, the wide range of sports, all the entertainment, and cultural activities. The Ipso facto tradition Penn's administration guarantees that students can find a hale and hearty equilibrium between their academics and their social lives without them ever losing any focus of why they are there. The balance in regard to academics helps the students cope with stress and ease the tension that they encounter during academic sessions.

I am a great candidate for the Penn Community, because I have the skilled mindset and hard working attitude to live up to the legacy of the prestigious minds of the Penn tradition. I know that I will be able to take full advantage of the incredible amount of resources and research opportunities that only Penn can provide to further my pedagogic desires and goals. I have great initiative and I am always looking for competition, in which the real world offers. The greatest quality that I have is the ability to help others. Deep down I know that I can do well both academically and socially in the Penn Community. This is why I am a good match for the University of Pennsylvania.
Ravenclaw_roar 4 / 38  
Hey I think that overall it's a good essay. You bring up specific points to link to your goals so it's quite personal. But i think that you can do away with the last sentence...don't think adcoms like you telling them you're a good match.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the concentration and focus on the major' - hope and learn from the Penn Community