Comparison essay on Beowulf 2007 and poem, introduction only

rory_rock 1 / -  
Hey everyone, the following is an essay i am writing, comparing Beowulf 2007 (the film) and the epic poem, Beowulf. Below is just the intro and i would very much appreciate it if anyone could give it a quick read over for flow of reading, grammar, and if my argument is strong enough. Thanks in advance!

Prompt: Write an open essay comparing Beowulf: A Verse Translation and Beowulf (2007)

Throughout the epic poem Beowulf: A Verse Translation and the 2007 film adaptation entitled Beowulf (2007), Beowulf has a different polarity in both adaptations, in the film Beowulf wants the status of a celebrity, while the poem shows Beowulf as a man after the glory of a fight. As Beowulf is a mortal, he is shaped through his desires, just like any other man. The epic poem holds a strong sense of Beowulf's honesty, courage and loyalty; characteristics that reside within a true hero. Looking at the film though, shows an entirely different side. In this case, Beowulf is seen as starving for fame, with a desire to create a legend. It is here where Beowulf differs most; in the poem he lets the song of Beowulf create itself, while in the movie creating this song is part of the journey. Ultimately, Beowulf in the movie, while he has extraordinary strength, is no more than a normal flawed man, corrupt with power and blind with greed.
nikky4u 2 / 5  
Beowulf is also a symbol of passing time. Try writing about how he has changed throughout his heroic events
Fix this run on sentence:
...polarity in both adaptations. In the film, Beowulf wants...

Semi-colons work sort of like periods...This should be a dash:
The epic poem holds a strong sense of Beowulf's honesty, courage and loyalty -- characteristics that reside within a true hero.

Ultimately, the Beowulf in the movie, while he has extraordinarily stron g, is no more than a normal, f lawed man, corrupted by power and blinded by greed.

Home / Undergraduate / Comparison essay on Beowulf 2007 and poem, introduction only