'My close friend' - describing a person who made a great influence in my life

Viphada 2 / 4 1  
it's my first essay . correct me if it's not apropriate. thank you so much

My close friend

In life, sometimes you meet people who could change your life around. It could be your family, teachers, or your friends. Life is full of positive and negative things altogether. Then, my life was full of negative things such as dropping out of school, cheating and also sleeping in the class. My close friend, Nicky is the most important person in my life, because she has transformed me from a stubborn person into a flexible person and shown me how to be patient for the potential life.

We have been friend for twelve years. We first met in primary school. Initially, I hated her so much. She told the teacher while I was merrily cheating, and I got a punishment. She was such a monster at that time. Afterward, she gave me an apology and promised to offer me an extra tuition. Nicky is quite arrogance and clever. She is big and fat, with tan skin and curly dark hair. She usually wears cutie clothes which are trendy and fashionable. Nicky is a bookworm, she enjoys reading and being with a book. She spent a lot of time in the library, and I always enjoy with her. While we were in the class, she was the most dignified student. Teacher always asked her to the board and let her explain the lesson to us. She got an A in every month. Now I am a bookworm and got an A too. I read a lot of books, pay attention in class and avoid cheating.

From that moment, I totally knew Nicky and I were going to have a close friend. Thereafter, we spent a lot of time together. She has got a fantastic sense of humor, she always makes me laugh. On the other hand, she's a little bit mature; sometimes she acted like my parent. She taught me everything as the same as my parent does. It really makes me feel warmer when we were together. She encouraged me in studying and supported me while I was falling down. Because I am absolutely stupid, I do not know how much energy she has when she tries to explain me a lesson. I confessed that I was so immature and emotional sometimes. But she never let me down. She still stands by me until I can control myself and apologize to her. She said "Tolerance" is something that I must learn and keep it in mind. And for now I still try to be a tolerant person.

It has been a few months; I try to do the same thing as the baby sitter. I took care of five children. At the beginning, it was going well; the children were cute and respectful. Later on, it was like a world war III; the children started fighting, crying, and shouting. I stopped and separated them but they didn't care. Then, of course I joined with them. Since then I never baby-sit and never visit them again. Now I know that it is the part of tolerance that I extremely hasten add it in my mind.

To summarize, when we drifted apart, I will not forget her, and I also believed that her influence was something I would carry with me for the rest of my life. She taught me so many things about studying hard and enjoying life. I know I will face many new challenges in university, but I also know that if I did not be her friend or she did not tell the teacher, I will not be able to carry my life until now.
NataschaAbra 3 / 6  
In life, sometimes you meet people who could change your life around
In your life you meet people, who may completely change your life.

It could be your family, teachers, or your friends.

it could be actually any person=). Who knows.

Life is full of positive and negative things altogether.

Life is full of successes and failures. It sounds better to me.

such as dropping out of school, cheating and also sleeping in the class.
the order is inlogical. You did not do well in school, that's why you dropped off. Perhaps, it is better to give some reasons, why you did not want to study and explain, what your friend actually changed.

how to be patient for the potential life.
It is not so clear to me.

the most dignified student
It is not so clear to me too.

The word arrogance has a negative meaning, something like selfishness and blindness to others. Did you really mean it?

She encouraged me in studying and supported me while I was falling down
She encourages me to study and supportes me when I am down.

Good luck!

I always enjoy with her
I always enjoy her company.

I too feel this suggestion sounds better

My close friend, Nicky is the most important person in my life, because she haswhose influence transformed me from a stubborn person into a very flexible personcharacter and shownme how to be patient for the potential life.
OP Viphada 2 / 4 1  
thank you so much your correction are really useful :) .

Home / Undergraduate / 'My close friend' - describing a person who made a great influence in my life