Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'the city that taught and inspired me in my youth' - Queens university entrance

lordsia 1 / -  
In an essay of 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), write about your goals for your time at Queen's University and beyond. Your answer will be evaluated for content and writing style.

Queens's university is more than an academic institution to obtain a grade in and move on; it is places where I can build connections, contribute and jump-start my dreams. At this academic institution, I hope to pursue my degree in civil engineering and excel at it. I also hope to do research work at Queen's with professionals and faculty and expand the frontiers of engineering through what I have learned at the university. Queen's has a wonderful environment beside the beautiful tourist city of Kingston and since I consider myself an eco-friendly person; I am sure that the breath-taking scenery will inspire me and in turn I can contribute to the environmental health of the regional through initiatives such as recycling or animal shelter volunteering. I hope to inspire the faculty and students with my positive and optimistic attitude towards life just as I am sure the student and teachers of Queen's will inspire me.

After graduating from Queen's engineering, I hope to pursue my masters and PhD. I would love to be able to come back to Kingston and do academic work at this university one day. Innovation has always been one of my strengths and I hope to apply this to my career; creating new technologies and techniques to improve construction and push this academia into the next stage. Modern architecture and city planning has always been one of my particular fascinations in civil engineering and developing this fascination through my job and career is one of my goals in life. Perhaps I might come back to Kingston one day and expand the city that taught and inspired me in my youth; as a tiny token of my humble appreciation to it's grandeur, the passion of it's people, and the excellence of it's university.

______________________________________________________________________ ____________________

All help is appreciated , im stressing out so much over these essays :(

Thanks again guys

Home / Undergraduate / 'the city that taught and inspired me in my youth' - Queens university entrance