why do you choose accounting major? (PT Thiess Scolarship)

julitajulita 1 / 1  
Hello everyone, I'm Julita ,and my major is accounting .I'm applying to PT Thiess Contractors Indonesia scholarship and it requires writing an essay about why do you choose your current major? (min 500 words) I just finished my draft and i think there are still many mistakes. Please help me to correct my essay and I will give feedbacks on your essays too. All comments are appreciated. Thank you very much

here is my essay :

When i was in high school , the first thing idea come to my mind when I heard about accounting is how to manage and arrange our income and expenses. Actually when I was in high school I chose to enternatural science class because I had obsession to become a doctor and I wasn't havegood knowledge about economics subject.But after I failed alot of test to enter medical education major , my parents asked me whether I wanted to keep strugle to enter medical education major or chose the other major , and also my parents gave me suggestion about another major. After that I realized that alot of people can be success person eventhough they have to choose another path from what they are expected ,so I decided to take accounting major.

There are alot of reason why I choose accounting major ,but maybe the cliche reason are that because I like doing mathematic things and I am expert in mathematics subject . After I heard about how successful my father's friendwho is chief financial officer in big company, I started have different opinion about accounting major .

Th first reason is accounting is different from the other social science.In my opinion alot of social science tend to have qualitative theory and generally can be learn alone without taking a specialized course, for example like reading book or we already have a gift because we are social creature so we naturally already have learnt social science eventhough we learn it just through our experiences not from theory books . Like person who expert in communications and speeches , we can say practically that this person has a communication knowledge eventhough he or she does not know about the communication theories ortake communication major in university . On the other hand , accounting is different from the other social science, when we learn accounting theoritically and practically , we need specialize methodthat can be learn through deep understanding and specialize course .

Second, althoughperson take accounting major in university must become accountant in future , but actually someone who take accounting major can flexibly choose another type of jobs .A accountant can be manager , auditor , lecture , enterpreneur , chief executive officer , politician , or diplomat. There are alot of people who took accounting major can be successful person , for example Governor of Bank Indonesia , Minister of Finance , Chief Executive Officer of Garuda Indonesia come from accounting major.

My father's friend said to me that accounting is important and can be very useful everywhere ,eventhough we come from natural science class if we want to build our company in future we need accountant . So every company must need to hire accountant and there is no exception for it. And because of it I think that accountant is very useful in globalization era and in our everyday life we need accounting knowledge because sometimes we need to make calculation and make decision about expenses that we will sacrifice.
When i was in high school , the first thing idea come to my mind when I heard about accounting is how to manage and arrange our income and expenses.

When I was in high school, the first thing that came to my mind with the word of "Accounting" was how to manage and organize our income and expenses.

enternatural

.... what is this subject? I've never heard before :(

because I had obsession to become a doctor and I wasn't havegooddidn't have a good knowledge about economics subject

....because I had the obsession of becoming a doctor. .... I think you should stop here and start another line to talk about economics;
I did not have much knowledge about the subject of economics

.But after I failed alot of test to enter medical education major , my parents asked me whether I wanted to keep strugle to enter medical education major or chose the other major , and also my parents gave me suggestion about another major.

However, my efforts were in vain in the chosen major of medicine and I failed many examinations to my dismay. Then my parents suggested me to try out another path; It was choosing economics, which was alien to me at that stage, as my major.
OP julitajulita 1 / 1  
dumi thank you for your comment . I will correct my essay

Home / Undergraduate / why do you choose accounting major? (PT Thiess Scolarship)