Brandeis supplement for internationals. What can you bring to the community of Brandeis

amounenaitlho 7 / 12 3  
HI all, this is a 250 word supplemental question from Brandeis. The prompt was what can you bring to the campus community.

It would be an honor to be part of the Brandeis community. Brandeis offers many ways to contribute to the community which results in a diverse and inclusive community. I would greatly benefit the diversity of the community as a Moroccan Berber. Berbers are the indigenous population of Morocco. They live in the mountainous regions where I come from. I have been a part of the Berber population of Morocco for all of my life. I would bring the Berber culture with me and be an ambassador for all the Berbers in Morocco as they are an underrepresented minority. I want to be an active member of the community by participating in many clubs and organizations. One club that especially grasped my attention was the Brandeis Debate Club. Debate has been an integral part of my life and I would like to bring my knowledge to Brandeis and its community. I have fallen in love with debate in my sophomore year and ever since, I have been debating at the national and international level. After many rigorous tryouts I was selected into the Moroccan National Debate Team to represent Morocco in the most prestigious debating championship in the world- the World Schools Debating Championship. Coming back from that enlightening experience, I intend to continue debating at the collegiate level. I have learned of the Brandeis Debate team through several college debate coaches in the United States and I intend to try to join to bring as much as I can to the team and to the community as a whole.

Thank you!!!
El, notice that I removed a portion of the essay with this edit that I am presenting to you. The reason I want you to pay attention to that is because you need to add some information about how making the Brandeis community familiar with the Berbers of Morocco will be something that the student body can benefit from. Think about how you can do that. What can your culture and traditions teach the people in other parts of the world? How would you showcase the best of being a Berber in a community where nothing is known about it and the information might be met with a slight distrust or disbelief?

Home / Undergraduate / Brandeis supplement for internationals. What can you bring to the community of Brandeis