Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'I'm bilingual in both Vietnamese and English' UC determination and dedication

ohhitsnhi 1 / -  
"Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?"

Among all of my talents and qualities, patience and determination are the most important qualities that I obtained.
I am not a strong believer of macroevolution, but I do agree with one fact, that all things are subject to change. I was born in Vietnam, and all of my life I thought Vietnam was my only home. Until around second semester of third grade, did my parents announced that we were moving to America. My life was about to change drastically. Once, we arrived in America, all I could think was how I'll be able to adapt to this new culture and its environment. When I started school, I was agitated to see the third graders around me easily grasping everything that's being taught to them, while I struggle apprehending first graders' work. I despise myself for not being able to learn quicker. Frustration builds up but that didn't make me give up. For about a year or two I motivated myself and was intrigued in learning English, and did everything I could to catch up with the other kids: read books, did workbook exercises and got tutored. I patiently studied English during those two years, and was determined I would be able to be in the same class with the kids my age. Gradually, the teacher saw progressed being made in my English, and put me in the regular class with everyone else. Going through this big drastic change and the experienced really made me confident enough to say that I can to adapt to any environment and handle major changes. I was not eager to give up when things got tough, and patiently worked my way like everyone else. My mind was determined on one goal, and only focused on getting that goal attain. This experienced really taught me that good will and patience will bring me far. It didn't just teach me morals and life lessons, but also another language and I now can say that I'm bilingual in both Vietnamese and English.

Please help REVISE and GIVE IDEAS TO ADD IN. THANK YOU :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'I'm bilingual in both Vietnamese and English' UC determination and dedication