Academic interests/ What intrigues you?: NYU Supplements!

nounouboo 3 / 6  
ANY help is appreciated! If someone could help elaborate too! THANKS!

A. NYU's global network provides students with hundreds of academic areas of interest for students to cultivate their intellectual curiosity and to help achieve their career goals. Whether you are entirely undecided about your academic plans or you have a definitive program of study in mind, what are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses.

At the College of Arts and Sciences at NYU, I decided that I want to major in biology and be part of the pre health program for medicine. I am fascinated with how the human body functions, being made up of so many differentiated systems. As such, I hope to become a health care professional to also care for the health of others. At NYU, I can participate in the research program of my choice and develop close interactions with classmates and faculty, all while being of service to the global community of New York City. With all the courses available, I can choose any area to pursue. I am interested in going to medical school to study neonatology so the research opportunities in developmental genetics can teach me about embryonic development and other mechanisms.

B. What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

Google, Netflix, Facebook, music, emails, CNN, and The Common App too. What if none of these websites existed? Well, they wouldn't without the Internet. A majority of us take the Internet for granted, now since cellular devices don't need Wifi anymore and can just connect using 3G or 4G and now even 5G. I am fascinated at how much information is stored on the web and how accessible it is worldwide. To be able to send a message to my cousins in Lebanon at any hour of the day, wherever I want, is revolutionary. Without the Internet, what would we have? It would be so difficult to do anything. I would not be able to access my homework, watch my favorite music videos, shop, and apply to college.
DrS 1 / 24 5  
For prompt A they give you 1500 character limit space.

You have only half of that. You might want to write more and expand on your ideas.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
I agree with DrS.

For your first one, what made you interested in biology? In medicine? Why does neonatology in particular appeal to you? How has your school career made you certain that these are the things you want to pursue?

For the second one, why does the Internet intrigue you more than anything else? How often do you use the Internet? For what? How does your interest in the Internet shape you? What have you done with your interest? How will you use it in college and with a career?
Albert 1 / 7  
In the second part:

Google, Netflix, Facebook, music, emails, CNN, and The Common App too

^this isn't a complete sentence and therefore it is not grammatically correct. Secondly, music and emails are not websites. So you might have to correct that. But it's a pretty good essay, the best I've seen so far. I'm also applying to NYUAD so goodluck with your application.

Home / Undergraduate / Academic interests/ What intrigues you?: NYU Supplements!