I can't help you much without knowing the essay's prompt. So please post the question.
Though, there were just a few things that grappled my attention:
1. Your first paragraph: very typical, it fails to lock my interest, nor establish yourself as a person(remember essays are an opportunity to represent the living person behind the transcript) Yet your essay seems to be very objective, as if you simply retelling research and facts that are more or less, pretty obvious.
2. "Major problems" try, "substantial predicaments"
I don't know how competitive this scholarship is, but if its a big one, then work on your vocabulary and sound like a well-read high school senior!
3, "which it's a condition of people who lack regular access to housing"
Rephrase this entire sentence please!
And avoid using contractions- "it's" - in an essay.
4. The words "homelessness" and "homeless" are used WAY too much. Either find better words or more creative ways of structuring some of your sentences, such that you won't need to say either of those two overly used words, and still get your point across.
5. "The most common people who"
Either take this entire line out or put some of it in parenthesis.
6. "Such as a job". Try "such as maintaining a job"
7. "Cause people to misinterpret...angry manner"
All I hear is this guy this and that guy that, nothing really that moves your essay forward.
So work on this line, because it does sound a lot like a pretty 10year old girl rambling about world peace and fairies, and nothing like a well established student whose attempting to reflect their 'said to be' intellectual opinion.
8. "All in All"
NO! This is too colloquial, and fails to support the highly academic tone that you seem to be aiming for.
There were a few other things that I felt needed changing, but it is very hard to decide if something is right or not, because of the little detail you give us. For example, what was the question? Is this the only essay you handing in?
And at some point in your essay, you need to discuss why this topic is of such interest to you.
Another big thing is your vocabulary. Given, the statistics and google, any high school freshman can write an essay of the same quality. So work on sounding matured, and the impact of your essay will drastically change.
Do get a second opinion, and like I said I can't really help you with such little information.
But you have a very good start so far, and I'm sure you won't struggle with producing a high quality essay.