Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 2

7 minute persuasive speech with general topic 'Help'

brigadier90 1 / -  
Hi all,

The topic that was assigned to us as a class was 'Help'. They obviously want us to narrow it down and present a persuasive speech on the specific topic however i'm really stuck coming up with a one. this was assigned 2 weeks ago, is due on monday and i still have nothing.

I would really appreciate any ideas. And if it is not too much too ask a little bit about the main points that i can argue along with the topic.

Thank you in advance
Koit 2 / 7  
Haha, its ok I am a procrasintator too:) look up civil wars,massacres, things that have occured that the USA and other countries have overlook and say that all the media, the phone calls, didnt do anything.. bring up statistics of deaths then ease your way into a current tradegey that people arent dealing with, persuade them to help the tradegey you picked...A great thing to pulll in would be in the movie HOTEL RWANDA when the guy tells the hotel manger that even if they get the video on the news tonight (of people getting killed) that people will just say thats terriable and go eating their dinner and dont do anything (not an exact quote)...appeal the pathos...state that we could have all been born in their shoes and that if we have to cut back on our wants to feed a innocent orphan whos parents died then there should be no question... Josh Ruskin(philospher) once was quoted saying 'A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.'

Hope that helps and good luck

Home / Speeches / 7 minute persuasive speech with general topic 'Help'