I wonder what people here consider to be the qualities of a good speech. I'll start things off by suggesting a few ideas but I'd really like to hear from others what they consider a good speech to be all about. The fact is, we all have to make a speech at some point in our lives.
1. I think the speech should be focused - when a speech is all over the place, I think people get confused and bored.
2. I think there should be balance - even with a serious topic, I think we should try and inject a little humor and the other way around.
3. I think a speech should appeal to the people in the audience specifically and not be just a rehash of something we've done before.
4. I think a speech should respect its audience.
5. I think a good speech should teach something new, be insightful, interesting to listen to and above all not too long!
What's your professional opinion? :)