Worked at 4 different countries, 7+ years of experience in the supply chain field; Chevening scholar

ragabforever 1 / -  
question : Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

As an employee who worked at 4 different countries (Egypt, Sudan , nigeria and qatar) , had more than 7 years of experience in the supply chain field , gained a solid experience in several industries (constructions and turn key projects , chemical raw material trading , free zone logistics regulations , electrical transformers manufacturing , glass manufacturing and oil and gas field service industries ) , i wanted to build on my experience to pursue my passion of leadership and management , take my business knowledge to the next level that will enable me to lead organizations that delivers a world class products and services that the egyptian community deserves .

To gain solid knowledge , I always had the belief that to make a difference for myself, my company and my country, I have to get a world class education that will help me to make a change .

I met so many people in my life who had the experience at what they do , but I always admired people who had that visionary plans for themselves and their companies , and I can say that the most visionary people that I met in my life had a MBA program from a top ranked business school .

When I went to the Chevening scholarship website, I was thrilled that I found so many universities that considered to be a world class universities, so I targeted the best 12 month MBA programs in the UK.

The first criteria of choosing the MBA was accreditation by the top three accreditations third parties in the world (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA), the second criteria is global ranking by financial times and the economist.

My plan was very successful, it ended up with 3 world class business schools with a very powerful and demanding MBA programs, the list of programs includes the MBA's offered by the following business schools :

Birmingham business school - University of birmingham .
school of business - durham university .
school of management - university of bath .

I really believe that the Chevening scholarship can help me to get one step closer to my dream of being a world class leader that inspire change and make a difference in people's lives. I hope that the Chevening scholarship admission committee will feel that I'll be a good fit too for this prestigious award.
asas4me 4 / 9 4  
Hello Mohamed,

I'm also a Chevening applicant from Brazil and I'm going to suggest you the same things were addressed to me.

Overall, your essay demonstrates from where came your will of attending those universities, but it could be more effective if you restructure it by associating the chosen universities with what they can offer you, how it relates to your past experiences and how it benefits your future plans.

You have done it somehow, but the idea is justify why you chose those universities. What do the programmes/schools have that will help you to achieve your future plans?

The construction of the essay should be around the 3 programmes.

I hope I have helped.
Hi Mohamed, let me give you some more focused advice for the improvement of your essay aside from the advice that I gave Amanda that she took the liberty of sharing with you here. There are actually more specifics that need to be addressed with your essay aside from the focus that she mentioned to you.

Your essay provides a general sense of your academic and professional background. However, there was a failure on your part to connect those with your desire to attend these specific 3 courses. That is where the difficulty of revising your essay lies. While you know what university you want to attend and what specific masters degree course you wish to pursue, you need to know or decide upon how you will be presenting those choices in the essay. Will you present the courses and universities in priority form? Or will you just present them in no particular order because you have not decided upon certain specifics relating to your work experience that can tell you which schools you have more of a potential to be accepted in?

That means, you will need to conduct intricate research into the course curriculum of each university, discuss the relevant classes that you will be taking in relation to your previous academic and work experience, and then connect it with your future goals. Whatever you do, do not just offer a description of the course as you understood it from the website or brochure. That is useless information. What you have to do is connect the essay with a personal goal on your part.

It is this personal goal that will resonate with the scholarship reviewer and show him/her how focused and determined you are to complete the masters course. So don't discuss the study plan in such a simple manner. Don't provide an overview of your academic and professional experience either. Each experience or academic course needs to directly connect with your future study plans otherwise, you will not be able to provide the kind of information the reviewer requires. If that happens, then your application will fall short of the prompt requirements and be ill effective in influencing your application.

Home / Scholarship / Worked at 4 different countries, 7+ years of experience in the supply chain field; Chevening scholar