My study plan - first: why major and second: improve a foreign language (Korean, English, etc)

khaaleby 1 / 2  
Hello everyone, I'm applying to a Korea scholarship , im definitely super late because i just find out this last week.
please if someone can help me, as english in not my first language im kind of confuse.

STUDY PLAN NUMBER 1
Study plans to improve foreign languages(Korean, English, etc) required for taking a bachelor's degree course
BEFORE and AFTER you come to Korea.

STUDY PLAN NUMBER 2
B. Why this major ?
Why choose these universities?
Academic goals, specific plan ( including timeline ) to achieve them and future plan after completing your studies.

PLAN NUMBER 1
In today's global world, the importance of English can not be denied. Since English is the most common language spoken. I have learned English for about 7 years, with my point of view, I found out that English could easily open out the doors to other countries leading to a better education. The consequence of my effort to learn English, I had an opportunity to study in United States approximately one year and two months, also for about 6 months working In Zambia where the official language is English, I have directly contact with English every day in the past two years such as student and as worker. Although I'm quite confidence with the language, English still not my first language, I do need to improve my English specially my writing skills. For improve my skills im talking online writing course , w, also I'm in frequently contact with my previously co-worker in United States. At the moment I am more concentrate on learning Korean, to achieve my Korean skills, now I am currently living in Korea almost five months. My first 3 months was adapting and learning the writing and reading system. Later on I decided to take a language course at Inha University, I am intensively studying for five hours, Monday to Friday. Unfortunately I won't be able to take the TOPIC exam in time to send to KGS, according with my studies by the end of October I have achieved TOPIC level two. I do not consider my level of Korea as an advantage. I'm plan to devote my first year to improve even more my skills as soon as I will be leaving in Korea for five years my plan is to become fluent in Korean.

PLAN NUMBER 2

In today's global world, the importance of English can not be denied. Since English is the most common language spoken. I have learned English for about 7 years, with my point of view, I found out that English could easily open out the doors to other countries leading to a better education. The consequence of my effort to learn English, I had an opportunity to study in United States approximately one year and two months, also for about 6 months working In Zambia where the official language is English, I have directly contact with English every day in the past two years such as student and as worker. Although I'm quite confidence with the language, English still not my first language, I do need to improve my English specially my writing skills. For improve my skills I'm part of an essay website called essayforum.com, where people share essays and the native speaker can help to improve, also I'm in frequently contact with my previously co-worker in United States. At the moment I am more concentrate on learning Korean, to achieve my Korean skills, now I am currently living in Korea almost five months. My first 3 months was adapting and learning the writing and reading system. Later on I decided to take a language course at Inha University, I am intensively studying for five hours, Monday to Friday. Unfortunately I won't be able to take the TOPIC exam in time to send to KGS, according with my studies by the end of October I have achieved TOPIC level two. I do not consider my level of Korea as an advantage. I'm plan to devote my first year to improve even more my skills as soon as I will be leaving in Korea for five years my plan is to become fluent in Korean.

As I Child I was expired about the life experiences shared to me by the ambassador of indonesia, from that day this dream kept running through my head. As time passed I found myself acquiring knowledge in different place that later on would contribute with my goal.

To be qualified to do the work in Africa, I have combined different subjects such as History, Law, Contemporary Society and political system. I feel all of the effort was worthwhile as it is a very interesting topic that has given me a much better understanding of how international studies works.

Since I had a chance to visit South Korea, I came across different many universities and the department of International and these three Universities has a first world reputation. I visited the three campuses in person to understand what the institutions are offering. While I was visiting to know the inside perceptive I talked with a few students. My enthusiasm was further increased when I discovered that in order to be successful student the university highly encourages students to accumulate practical skills during their student life, participating in international workshops and debating in group to understand the importance of team work

In addition to be more competitive and understand International studies, I've to combine theoretical knowledge with practical skills, In the beginner theoretical skills are more requiring so, I pretend to have a higher understanding the international relations of Asia, financial economic and international law in other be qualified to be an ambassador few years. Since debating is an important topic also I'm talking part of political debating inside or outside university to establish a solid knowledge in leadership.

I have been given several opportunities as volunteer and as worker in a NGO. It made me able to comprehend the importance of debating, so I am committed to be involved in a Student council to improve my leadership and language skills.

My studies may lead me to many different countries, however, I intend to stay in Korea for a few years after graduation. Consider working or volunteering at a Korea Language Center. In my time in Korea I realize that foreign are willing to learn Korean language, but unfortunately most do not have money to afford an expensive language school. In my project, I'm considering expanding this perspective. The Gain Of experience in an NGO allow me to settle in Korea. However, this does not stop me to continue studying to become an ambassador the preparation require time and a quite good knowledge I need to I need to be settled in a place to study and learn what is necessary to achieve my life goals.

I will certainly bring the same enthusiasm and motivation to the university community as I have had in my extra-curricular activities. I regard higher-educated to be pivotal in achieving my life goal of becoming an ambitious and open-minded individual, improve not only myself, but contribute to expanding someone world's limits as a day an ambassador expanded mine.
Khaleby, you need to work on your response to the language prompt. You should not demean yourself in relation to your knowledge of Korean. You've already been living there for 5 months and you are already taking Korean language lessons. In my opinion, you are already ahead of your competitors. Review the prompt, you are required to present some sort of language plan for yourself after you graduate. How do you see yourself further improving and using the Korean language after you graduate in 5 years? You seriously need to develop a response to that part in order to completely respond to the prompt.

You need to remove the reference to continued studies of English under plan number 2. Move those statements up to Plan 1. It is more relevant in that area. According to the prompt for plan 2, you are supposed to address your choice of major and the reasons why you chose specific Korean universities as your potential educational institution.

You need to slow down and review your responses to the prompts provided. You concentrated so much on Prompt number 1 that you did not leave any space to respond to Plan 2. In fact, you totally forgot to address that prompt in this draft. Try to come up with a response for Plan 2 and post it here. We will need to shorten the content of each plan and try to focus your discussions because you have a tendency to ramble in your response. At this point, I can only offer comments on the parts of the essay that you did respond to. I can give you better advice once you respond properly to the prompt.

Remember, there are two prompts for you to respond to. Try to shorten the first one about the language plan and then develop a study plan for yourself. Keep it quick and to the point, don't ramble on. Just give relevant responses to the requested plans.
OP khaaleby 1 / 2  
@vangiespen Hi, Thank you very much for your review.
I just have few question what do you mean with demean myself in relation to my knowledge?
I'm still working in a language study plan
Sorry I made a mistake paste the same example two times
which prompt you mean to develop a good answer study plan number 2 ?

Thank you very much
Hi Khaleby, I am more than happy to respond to your questions. Let's start with the first one about demeaning yourself about your knowledge of the Korean language. To demean means to lower your dignity or standing by saying something negative about yourself. As you can tell from your experience with the Korean language, you will not be coming in blind should you win the scholarship.

Since the KGSP pays for one year of Korean language education, and you already have, what? 5 months of Korean language education under your belt, you will no doubt be able to fully benefit from the language sponsorship you will be given. You will even have additional tutorial lessons after that paid for by the scholarship. Your advanced training in Korean is something that sets you apart from the rest of the applicants. It gives you an edge. By saying that you are not confident in your knowledge of Korean and that you are apologizing for not being able to give your TOPIK results, you are demeaning yourself.

Yes, please develop a study plan for prompt number 2. You need to explain the major you have chosen and the reason you chose 3 specific Korean universities to attend. Without the study plan, your application will be incomplete. Pick the 3 universities that you will feel will help you get the most out of your Korean education and help you become more proficient in the field you have chosen to specialize in. Start with your top pick for the university. A quick Google search should be able to help you accurately respond to that part of the prompt.

I hope I was able to sufficiently answer all of your questions. Feel free to ask more questions if you need to :-)
OP khaaleby 1 / 2  
@vangiespen
Sorry for send the other text before my gratitude, I had compared the first essay before and after your review, I'm quite impressive with the progress I had made with your help.

I've no word to describe my feeling after you helped me !
Thank you very much for you kindness.

Home / Scholarship / My study plan - first: why major and second: improve a foreign language (Korean, English, etc)