Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Research experience/Financial constraints/Modernizing industries; SCHOLARSHIP

PahlevanNTN 1 / -  
Please demonstrate any notable academic success or other significant personal achievements.
Undoubtedly, one of my major scientific achievements has been publishing an essay, based on the bachelor thesis outcome, in one of the most prestigious journals, and the thing that made it highlight is because of taking place during the undergraduate studies which rarely happen one be able to do so. Another academic breakthrough for me, moreover, was awarding the highly competitive xxxxx Regional Electric Company (EREC) research grants for graduate students (2010), which is yearly offered to the top 50 graduate students (in all engineering disciplines) in four major universities in Isfahan province (about 1000 students), and numerous papers has been issued in the international journals based on the master thesis results. When I graduated with a Master's Degree, I was employed as a technician in a company working in the field of energy. During the first year, I showed my abilities to the head of R&D section through revolutionizing the Maintenance and Repair department by implementing PM (Preventive Maintenance) project which was one of the most important items in order to meet ISO standard. Since then, I am promoted to a researcher in the R&D section who works on initiatives in the field of electrical engineering associated with Renewable energies.

Please outline how this scholarship will assist you in the future.
[i]It is generally accepted that the financial concerns have always been one of the massive obstacle in front of students who intend to pursue their education. Due to the fact that, nowadays, families all over the world are facing economic problems brought about by the global downturn, the vast majority of them cannot afford the tuition fees. As I live in a developing country with high inflation rate, the amount of money which I saved in the bank for studying abroad is not as much enough as needed. Therefore, I believe that the scholarship would be considerably helpful for me in continuing postgraduate studies which I have always loved.

Please demonstrate your awareness of the contribution that you can make to the development of your community,
society or nation as a result of obtaining your ..xxxxx... University qualification
.
In the new millennium, technology, as the main factor in reforming and modernizing industries, has a significant effect on development and economic growth which is not cover for anyone; however, during my limited industrial experience, I have found that my country, including developing countries, does not take advantage the technology as much as the industrialized ones do, and I think the reason lies on a prevalent issue like poor industry-university collaboration. While universities, nowadays, could be major resources in a company's innovation strategy and collaboration between academic circles and companies could result in project outcomes that have a major impact on a company's competitiveness and productivity, unfortunately, managers do not value scientific researches conducting at universities and they prefer to import the new technologies from the industrialized countries. Thus, I believe that doing a degree in a high ranked university in an industrialized country would be a great opportunity for me to keep up my academic knowledge with new technologies which could lead to promote in the future career. Furthermore, I would able to work as an entrepreneur and provide my business by using university researches in the industry that would be a good example for other managers to trust the universities outcomes.

Please outline how you would represent ...xxxxx.University in your future education or career.
It goes without saying that my competences in the industry or university will reflect the performance of institute that I educated there. So, if I become a successful researcher or manager, it will be the best publicity for the University; nonetheless, irrespective of whether or not I become a competent engineer, I will be forever indebted to xxxxUniversity because of giving me the chance of pursuing study in one of the famous universities in the UK which provides me with first-class facilities and excellent preparation for a career in industry.

Home / Scholarship / Research experience/Financial constraints/Modernizing industries; SCHOLARSHIP