'to obtain a job in the field of Nurse Anesthesia' - my goals would be reached

hamboudreaux 1 / -  
Must be 250 words or less.

If you were to look up the definition of scholarship, it would be something along the lines of "a payment to support education". However, winning this scholarship would mean more to me than just a payment- it means opportunities and life changing experiences.

On March 28 of 2009, I sat next to my grandfather's hospital bed knowing this was the last time I would ever see him. After a long silence, he began fighting to speak through the tubes in his throat and his oxygen mask. Using every ounce of energy he had, my grandfather talked about the kindness that the nurses in the hospital showed him and the comfort they brought to him. At that moment, I had an epiphany- I wanted to be a nurse. I wanted to provide people with the same comfort and stability that was brought to my grandfather in his great time of vulnerability.

Although the cost of going to college at its highest, I will not allow it to overpower my love of science and compassion for people. However, with the cost of tuition, housing, books, along with other necessities such as food and clothing, I fear that I cannot do it alone. This scholarship will aid me in the achievement of my dream- to obtain a job in the field of Nurse Anesthesia. It will be my financial "nurse" - helping me in my time of need so that I, too, can one day help others.
kaunosielu 1 / 2  
If you were to look up the definition of scholarship, it would be something along the lines of "a payment to support education". However, winning this scholarship would mean more to me than just a payment - it meanswould mean opportunities and life changing experiences.

I like your idea, but what I would do here is make the hook even more powerful. This could be easily achieved by at first simply stating the definition of scholarship like this: "Scholˇarˇship [ˈskälərˌSHip], noun. A payment to support education."

Hope this helped!

Home / Scholarship / 'to obtain a job in the field of Nurse Anesthesia' - my goals would be reached