'Long expected dream on a Degree in Bachelor of Arts' - Outlining my personal and academic goals

Nana Yaw 1 / -  
Write a brief statement outlining your personal and academic goals. (100-word maximum)

Goal, which can be also termed as aim or objective differ with respect to humanity. Every man has his or her ambitions and tries to work hard before such goals can be achieved.

I, Emmanuel Asante in particular have a goal;l of becoming a professional journalist in future. We all know how journalist help in community or nation building. Some do critical investigations and others write and edit new for the improvement of information in various countries or communities. I want to be a professional detector so that people who engage in corruption and criminal activities would be known and given the appropriate punishment so as to develop every community that I find myself in.

I therefore must learn hard to be able to achieve my long expected dream about obtaining a Degree in Bachelor of Arts.
mack1738 3 / 3 4  
Good evening!

I think you are on the right track with what to write for your personal statement. However, I think you should go for a more professional approach. For example, saying "We all know" sounds conversational. Instead, you could take that part out and say "Journalists help communities and nations build."

There are also some grammatical errors. Such that in the first sentence, "I, Emmanuel Asante in particular have a goal;l of becoming a professional journalist in future." The semicolon should be a comma and it does not make sense to say "I" after the semicolon (now comma) It might even sound more professional if you said "I, Emmanuel Asante, have a goal. My goal is to become a professional journalist in the future."

"Some journalists do critical investigations andwhile others write and edit new pieces for the improvement of information in various countries or communities."

"I want to be a professional detector so that people who engage in corruption and criminal activities would be known and given the appropriate punishment so as to develop every community that I find myself in."

This sentence does not make much sense to me. Maybe you meant to say "I want to be a professional detector so that people who engage in corruption and criminal activities can be found guilty and properly punished for their crimes. In doing so, I will be able to enrich every community I am in by finding justice in criminals"

But even with saying that, I do not think that follows with the beginning of your statement when you say you want to be a journalist. I would stick to one career goal in this personal statement.

Hope this helps!!

Home / Scholarship / 'Long expected dream on a Degree in Bachelor of Arts' - Outlining my personal and academic goals