'The Honor of Lane' - Lane Tech Alumni Scholarship

rockii3 1 / -  
What does the word honor mean to you in the phrase: "Wherever you go, Whatever you do. Remember the honor of Lane". (250 Words)

The term honor is defined as good name, public esteem, a reputation, or a showing of usually merited respect: recognition. To me the tern honor encompasses these terms but when placed in the context of the Lane Tech Motto there is much more than "Wherever you go, Whatever you do. Remember the honor of Lane". In this context the term honor means remembering the family embedded in Lane. The honor you carry is not just for your own work and recognitions but also for the achievements of your fellow classmates. The Honor of Lane is a phrase that strikes me as have numerous meanings. The Honor of Lane first strikes me as the reputation held by Lane and its alumni's and current students. It also strikes me as the achievements and the benchmarks in which Lane has surpassed in athletics and academics. It also strikes me as the network of numerous students who came before me and who will follow and who in the end will be there because regardless of where we go we are all intertwined in the Lane Tech Network. It also strikes me as the possibilities available to you because of your Lane Tech Network. But it mostly strikes me as a family in which you will never be turned away from, a family which looks after your best interest, and hopes for your numerous success. Lane Techs Honor is synonymous with many terms and concepts but the strongest one is the family built and sustained.
The Honor of Lane is a phrase that strikes me as havehaving numerous meanings.
The Honor of Lane first strikes me... repetitive language...
You must find various ways of saying "it also strikes me.." such as "It makes me feel..., it sparks in me..., it compels me to believe...etc)

You have clearly and thoroughly depicted your representation of the word "honor" in the context of the assignment. Nicely done. As I said, though, beginning with the same words in almost every sentence is not a good idea. I have provided some alternate examples and a thesaurus is very handy as well.

:)

Home / Scholarship / 'The Honor of Lane' - Lane Tech Alumni Scholarship