Explain the positive and negative effects of internet on medical and dental research

TerriVu 1 / 2 1  
Hello everyone, I am a newbie here. I am going to attend a scholarship examination which includes a essay writing, so I am trying to improve my writing skills. Though it is not very good, I hope you could spend some of your time reading my essay. Thank you very much.

Topic: Explain the positive and negative effects of internet and social networking service use on medical and dental research.

It can not be denied the role of internet and social network in the developing of scientific research. With the aid of information technology, scientists are more comfortable when conducting research. However, it also brings up some issues.

Firstly, the spread of internet reduces works of scientists. Scholars may find it helpful in getting ideas for their research. For instancem those who get stuck can ask for advice from other scientists around the world, as well as search on the internet for discussions, related papers. Furthermore, scientists do not have to look for information through hundreds of books. Obviously, internet is saving valuable time for researchers. The reduced workload allows scientists t recover and innovate.

Secondly, internet connect scientists from over the world. Those who share the same ambition are able to work together despite the geographic distance. A group of scientists who is specialized in different fields of study can work and share intelligence via internet to conduct a research. One can even attend on more than one project depend on his ability. Through the internet, scientists' potential are expected to exploited efficiently.

Conversely, the effects of internet sometimes hurt scientists. One of problems is that the laboratory faces with the risks of leaking or loss data by viruses. This is a crucial trouble because important information can be stolen by another party or efforts are erased entirely. Another problem is that too many resources are available online causes confused. Untrusted research papers may mislead scientists to wrong methodology or conclusion. Therefore, scientists have to carefully judge the validity of the research paper. Scientist must learn how to use the internet for their study to prevent unwanted problems.

In summary, the internet helps scientists reduce a great amount of work, however, it also the source of some serious problems. On the whole the benefits of internet outweigh the detriment. Learning the way to use the internet os definitely the best way to stay away from bad situations.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  

This opening paragraph did not paraphrase the question successfully. Likewise, the thesis statement is too weak. Let me give a try;
The internet and social network brings immense effects on scientific research. While it is true to some extent, since the use of this advanced technology helps scholars gain specialized health information and cover widely research areas, it is argued that dependence and antisocial behaviors can be the destructive impacts.

For instancem those who get stuck can ask for advice from other scientists around the world, as well as search on the internet for discussions, related papers.

The example stated is too general. When it comes to an example, your task is to present this supporting sentence with more details. Asking journalistic questions, such as HOW, WHEN, WHY and so forth strengthens your case.

For example, at Stanford's University in 2010, 32% of male IT lectures conducted online video tutorials and training combined with innovative learning and teaching techniques with interaction with their master students. The outcome of this study is that students are more likely to have a 24-hour free flow of discussions as a valuable element of their studies

Hope this helps, eddy suaib.
OP TerriVu 1 / 2 1  
Thank you very much for your help Eddies. Actually, I always trouble with the introduction. It usually takes me lots of times to write but rarely sounds good.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
I always trouble with the introduction.

Initially, it always takes time and immense efforts. Yet, in the long run with more practice, I believe you could create a very good opening paragraph.

Here is my conclusion model. I simply restate the intro. Plus, adding personal thought prior to closing the paragraph is always a nice try :D

The aforementioned evidence shows that advances in technology help research and physician. The reliable information regarding health and research could be possibly obtained from this cutting-edge technology. However, the technology' reliance on study introduces the malady impacts. It is imperative that scholars and medical stakeholders should take the serious consequences into consideration

Hope this helps, eddy suaib
- It can not be denied The role of internet and social network in the developing of scientific research cannot be denied .
- Firstly, the spread of internet reduces works offor scientists.
- Scholars may find it helpful in getting ideas for their research.
- For instancem(be careful of your typo, proof reading helps) those who get
- ...workload allows scientists to recover and innovate.
- Conversely,Relatively the effects of internet sometimes hurt scientists.
- One of problems is that the laboratory facesis faced with the risks...
- too many resources are available online causes confusedconfusion .
- ..however, it's also the source of some serious problems.
- On theThe whole the benefits of internet outweigh the detriment.
- Learning the way to use the internet osis definitely the
- best way to stay away from badunwanted situations.

@Terri, I definitely agree that the internet and technology as a whole has turned our world into a whole new level of machine powered world. We do simple things easy and comfortably with the help of technology. The advantages they bring might also come with a lot of negativities and this is, as much as I hate to write it, also due to negligence that we sometimes unwillingly do or accidentally did. Overall, your essay is an eye opener and you did a good job.

Home / Scholarship / Explain the positive and negative effects of internet on medical and dental research