"to continue with my education" - scholarship opportunities.

Mariiaa 1 / 2  
Discuss your short and long-term goals. Are some of them related? Which are priorities?

I'd like to know if I answered the question correctly. Please any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Just when we are about to graduate from to high school, we are constantly asked what goals we have or where do we see ourselves in five to ten years. Many of us don't like to think ahead of time but we have to in order to have an idea of the things we might have to encounter to make this simple goal a reality.

As many high school students, my short term goal will be to graduate from high school. I will add up a little more work to it because I want to graduate with honors. As of now my path to graduation looks just as planned. I would like to graduate high school and make my family proud. Graduating will be the most important goal I will be able to accomplish. I will be the first to graduate from my family and I will become an example for my brother. Another short term goal that comes along with graduating will have to be getting the money that is required to go on with a higher education. Applying and receiving scholarships will not only benefit me but also my mom. She has worked so hard and I want her to see that all her hard work will finally pay off.

As a goal, searching for scholarships will be complicated. Not only because I will be competing against other students that are just as interested as me to continue on to college. If I was able to get the scholarships, I will be able to accomplish my long term goals. I'm thinking that I want to be part of the law enforcement sector. I'd like to study and become a criminologist or work with the FBI. I want to do this because I want to help people. I want for society to live in peace and not be scared to go out and enjoy the wonders of life. Helping people is something that characterizes me. Aside from becoming a criminologist, I would like to have an organization that will help third world countries all around the world. Most people weren't fortunate enough like most of us to have a place where to sleep, food to eat, clothes to wear, and didn't have the opportunity to get an education to overcome all hardships and get a better life than what they've had. Helping others give me a warmth feeling that can't be experienced by doing anything else.

Another long term goal that comes with getting a higher education will be making one of my mother's dreams true. Her dream has become my goal since I started to think about going to college. My goal is to get her the best house we can find and support her for the rest of her life. She has been such an inspiration for me and without her and my grandma I would have never become the person that I am today. Making her dream my goal has given me the strength and enthusiasm needed to continue on with my high grades. I've made this my goal in order to thank her for all she has done for me. Getting a higher education will open many doors for me and accomplish my goal. If it wasn't because I set this goal on my mind I would probably not continue on with college. The money needed for college will not impede me from checking off all these goals from the goal list of my life.

All my goals are indeed related. All my goals require for me to continue with my education. Without an education I will probably take longer than expected in order to reach my goals. If I had to prioritize one of the goals it will have to be my short term goal of graduating from high school because if I don't I can't go on with all my other goals. Graduating high school is just the first step to reach all my goals. All goals must be a priority, if not they wouldn't be consider goals but just another extra thing to get done during our lives. I don't want to treat one goal better than the other and forget about it. I want to reach all my goals no matter how long it takes me. With a great amount of dedication I place on my education, I will be able to accomplish all my goals I set in my life.
Shrek 2 / 6  
Dear Maria
i had been having the similar feeling, and up to the present, i still live in the dark, hha. sometime i give up to think it and do my best eveyday. i'm ready to face everything. good luck to u
OP Mariiaa 1 / 2  
Thank yuu. Good luck to yu too. (:
OP Mariiaa 1 / 2  
Can someone please revise my essay! I'm worried it might not be good enough. Please! I'll appreciate it a lot.
Let's not use this sentence:
As many high school students, my short term goal will be to graduate from high school. This is not worth saying. However, it is cool tro say you want to graduate with honors in order to open doors of opportunity for yourself in your chosen field. You should tell us about goals you developed while putting a lot of thought into your career interests.

Graduating will be the most important goal I will be able to accomplish. I will be the first to graduate from my family and I will become an example for my brother. nevermind this. Let's focus on your plan for the future, the work you want to do in your chosen field. Even if you are not sure, take a guess about what career you will select.

:-)

...part of the law enforcement sector. I'd like to study and become a criminologist or work with the FBI. ---Whenever you say something like this, it is best to read a few articles about the kind of career you are considering and get very specific about where you would like to work, the reform you would like to support, and even talk about current events associated with the field. Show that you are already reading and planning.

Home / Scholarship / "to continue with my education" - scholarship opportunities.