'To continue my education' - Hispanic Scholarship Fund Essay

tanyaa2014 1 / 1  
Tell us about your Academic/Career short-term/long-term, How has the Hispanic Heritage influenced these goals. Need help to proofread Thank you!

My Hispanic community: Mattawa, WA, is one of cities in the United States that high school or college graduate least graduate from. There are tons of Hispanic communities around the United States that are mainly full of immigrants, they migrated to the United States for the purpose to improve their living standards and have a better life. I grew up in an environment which surrounds me by individuals that had only reached a primary or secondary school. Most are working in hard labor for choosing the wrong path or not attending High School for several of reasons. I was raised by my grandparents who indeed they came here for better living standards and a better living. They've work hard to get their family the best they need and put food on the table. I Remember back a couple years ago when I was a little girl, my grandparents would wake me up early in the morning to go to work with them. They didn't make enough money for a babysitter. Growing up I never had the idea or plan to either graduate from high school because I hated school I thought it was a waste of time and I should be helping my grandparents out, when in the other hand they had a different opinion and wanted me to continue my education. I have always wished to help my grandparents out in anything. Having the motivation by your grandparents to continue my education and work hard has given me my career goal to go to college and major in the medical field. My major goal is to continue my education and start off at Columbia Basin College and then transfer to a four-year institution. The Hispanic Heritage has influenced these goals by Knowing and observing that very low amount of Hispanic students that continue their education after High School.
Alice123 2 / 4  
Hi Tanyaa2014, there are some error I would like to point it out:-
1- I grew up in an environment which was surrounded by the individuals who had scarcely completed their primary or secondary school education.
2- What does this sentence mean?
"most are working in hard labor for choosing the wrong path or not attending High school for several reasons".
3- My grandparent who raised me, came here for better living standard.
4- I remember a couple of years ago when i was a young girl, my grandparents used to wake me up early in the morning to go to work with them.

There are some mistakes otherwise good essay. Make a bit strong content.
OP tanyaa2014 1 / 1  
Hey Alice123, thank you so much for your help!!😃
2. Their working in low paying agriculture jobs for (getting in trouble at school (gang-related) or got pregnant.)

Home / Scholarship / 'To continue my education' - Hispanic Scholarship Fund Essay