Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

How do I start my research paper on anti-censorship?

lillypop215 1 / -  
In my research paper, I'm pretty much saying that censorship actually harms, not helps our society. I remembered reading George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, and I really wanted to use this quote for the introduction:

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it."

-but I don't know how to go about saying it :/ I've never done a persuasive research paper, and I'm so confused on how to make this work. My teacher had mentioned something about a two-paragraph introduction to explain what censorship is and whatnot, but I am really confused. Please help me :[
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon :)

I suggest beginning with an outline. List all of the topics you absolutely want to include and then one fact and/or a supporting detail or story about that topic. You can include as many topics, facts, supporting details, or stories as you need to make a strong essay. Once you have that done you can rough out a conclusion; wait until the very end to write your introduction though. After all, how can you introduce something that you haven't even written yet?

In regards to a two-paragraph introduction, usually one paragraph is used to describe the term and another as your actual introduction. In your paper you could open with the quote and then use the remainder of that paragraph to introduce your paper. You could then use the second paragraph to explain your definition of censorship.

I hope this helps get you started.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Research Papers / How do I start my research paper on anti-censorship?