Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 10

Problem and Solution essay- global warming

applesauce32 2 / 4  
i'm having trouble starting my research paper on addressing the problem of global warming and its solutions..

my paper is as follows
-intro
-what is global warming/whats causing it
-its effects
-solutions..
-what the future looks like
-conclusion

does this sound good?
newsha31 19 / 75  
If i were u i would switch "solutions" and the "what the future looks like"'s places.

the whole thing sounds good to me.
i look forward for ur essay.
:)
You should probably pick a single aspect of global warming to focus on. After all, global warming, as a whole, has both benefits and drawbacks. Most of Canada and Russia, for instance, would likely benefit overall from global warming. Africa, on the other hand, and coastal regions of the aforementioned countries (of all countries, for that matter) are likely to be more negatively affected. So, to even term global warming a problem is problematic, unless you narrow down your subject a bit more. So, you could look a rising sea levels, harsher hurricanes, severer droughts in some regions, the risk of a deep freeze in much of Europe, etc. Pick one of these issues, then look at the causes and possible solutions to it.
You should be able to do this easily, because so much has been written about it. Sean's advice is good for making the paper more focused, and that is important for taking a deep look into it. However, you might want to start by reading lots of articles, articles that cover various aspects of it, and THEN choose a focus area.

Your outline looks good. If I was doing it, though, I would make a section for each of the many arguments that have been made. You might also want a section about the Kyoto Protocol.
OP applesauce32 2 / 4  
thanks for the advice! now i'm just having trouble with the first few opening sentences..i'm not sure how i should start it off.
Manhattan, like the fabled city of Atlantis, will soon sink under the seas, becoming a watery grave for millions that will one day be remembered only in legend.

How you start depends upon what aspect of global warming you chose to focus on, but you first sentence should capture the readers interest, as in the example above. Of course, if you use that sort of a hook, you have to be able to justify it in the body of your essay based on the research you will be presenting.
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
This is ALL you need to know about the global warming SCAM. Here is a great article actually explaining how the global warming hype was created and why: gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977583038
Michael Crichton's State of Fear is also an interesting read. While it's a work of fiction, it's heavily footnoted with references to actual academic sources that you can track down. Of course, it probably won't help much with your essay, as it argues a completely different thesis on the topic. Still, it's a good book.
biz09 1 / 5  
Add more about Greenhouse effect how does green house effect on global warming. Make sure u add atleast 2 quotation from your work cited page to make effective to your readers. Add more effective solution tooo to support your thesis.
TWRTW106 1 / 2  
It looks to me like Effects, and What the future looks like are kind of the same subject. If you can come up with enough material to create a paragraph on both it will work, but if not, try combining the two and replacing "What the future looks like" with information on current research or arguments against global warming's occurrence.

Looks like a good start!

Home / Research Papers / Problem and Solution essay- global warming