Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Research paper on any event or invention that has happened outside of the United States; Atomic Bomb

Taliahmariee1 1 / 1 2  
My teacher has assigned us to write a research paper on any event or invention that has happened outside of the United States. I was having trouble choosing a topic and someone gave me the idea of the Atomic Bomb/Hiroshima. I have gotten some research done and have attempted to start writing my paper but i then ran into two problems. I have never wrote a research paper so I'm not even sure how to structure it, and my teacher has now told us we need a thesis statement that has an argument in it. He says he have to choose a side of the topic we want to agree with. I need lots of help, my paper needs to be 5 pages double spaced and is due February 16, 2015. PLEASE HELP !\
What is the writing format for your research paper? Will it be in MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, or Harvard (to name but a few research formats) ? You will have to follow specific paper format, outline, heading, and citation formats depending upon the research type you will be using. Your professor should provide you with the format and then you can scour the web for the numerous examples that you can follow. Just type in the paper format you need to use for your own paper into Google and find the example that best suits the requirements you have been given.

As for your thesis statement, that will depend upon whether you have read the research material you have collated or not. You see, as you read the material you have on hand, there will be some questions about the event that will come to your mind. One of which will eventually stand out the most for you, and will be the one you will want to find an answer to the most. That is the one question that you will then develop into a thesis statement for yourself. Now, this is of the utmost importance, make sure that you have enough research material to present a thoroughly developed response to the prompt you will be providing. In other words, make sure you can at least deliver a personal opinion / hypothetical response to your own question. Once you get your format, sources, topic outline, and thesis finalized, you will be well on your way towards developing your research paper :-)

Home / Research Papers / Research paper on any event or invention that has happened outside of the United States; Atomic Bomb