Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

Does Media Violence Cause Societal Violence?

kaylaaaxo3 1 / -  
I am negative. I believe media violence does not cause societal violence.
jen50192 4 / 37  
To a point, I believe that it does. Say, a child is watching a violent action movie, he will most likely try to re-create the things that he sees. Things build up as we grow older and what we see and experience will influence how we are in the future. This then leads to our actions regarding the society and community.
meu123 2 / 6  
I know of a 5 year old who plays violent video games with her older brother and when she drives in the car with her mother, she tells her mom to run over people and crash into buildings. Although she is young, I am sure realistic things such as violent events in the news influence adults just the same.
Chrome 2 / 9  
It may not entirely cause it, but it encourages it. It all depends on the situation. If i was thinking of acting in a violent manner, id like to see how its done without having bad consequences as result. Id learn from thee mistakes on media. Like was is in an open area?Where there police near?Then i would be violent in private where i know police are far away from.

Also it kinda makes it look normal and acceptable. You get used to seeing it. People start thinking" Well, its life,it happens."

Home / Research Papers / Does Media Violence Cause Societal Violence?