Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Help on Intro of a world war I research paper

argkinjo11 1 / -  
my paper's theme is WORLD WARS OF THE 20TH CENTURY.. and im suppose to talk about the schlieffen plan, i need help on how to start the essay or an example. it says that i should introduce the theme by establishing a framework that is beyond a simple restatement of the shclieffen plan. help needed thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Probably the best way to introduce the subject, yet go beyond merely restating it, is to inject an opinion about it, adopting a position with regard to the merits of the plan. For example, you might want to lead with something like this:

Schlieffen's plan to launch and win a war on two fronts simultaneously, inspired by Hannibal's destruction of the Roman Army at the Battle of Cannae, was a brazen, yet intrinsically flawed concept which relied on an underestimation of the enemies' strengths.

You might then want to go on to say that although the weaknesses in the plan led to its initial failure, the Germans were able to regroup sufficiently quickly to dig into the trench warfare that would make the first World War drag on for the next several years.

I hope this helps to give you some ideas!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Research Papers / Help on Intro of a world war I research paper