Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

Capital Punishment, death penalty paper - is absolutely necessary

roter0513 2 / 4  
Hello, fellas!

I'm new to this forum. Sorry for not helping instead asking help at 1st since I really suck about writing. But I absolutely need you pros help! This is my essay due tomorrow that is 10% of my total grade for winter school! If possible, anybody can edit any error or incorrect sentence structure for me, I greatly appreciate about it....Thank you guys!

PS: Words limit is 650...

Capital Punishment
(1) Capital punishment has been defined as necessary and helpful in our world full of chaos. Currently, there are 58 nations actively practice it, and 95 counties abolished it by not using it for at least 10 years. It is one of the controversies in several countries. Typically, in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, and Western Europe, capital punishment is really unpopular; however, under certain circumstances such as serious crimes, there would a support of reinstitution based on the political change for it.

(2) Today, capital punishment, defined as non-humanism, in most countries, is banned from judgments for criminals based on Christian and Catholic rules and political views. Europe is at the forefront of efforts to abolish the death penalty (Kouchner 38). Partially, those countries which still practice it as normal are either communist or dictatorship counties with Buddhism, Judaism and Islam as main religions. China, remains Buddhism as the mainly public religion, is one of the countries that currently and usually practicing capital punishment against the Buddhism dogmas, executed 5,000 criminals in 2008 which there were only 5,727 criminals sentenced to capital punishment worldwide. And none of these improvements will come without political leadership, so politicians sincere about being tough on crime need to be held accountable for the problem (Green 400).A Gallup international poll in year 2000 reported that more than 52% of the global population was in a favor of capital punishment. Abolition was never very popular (Green 394). Some scholars feel that eliminating capital punishment would be a step toward reducing the toll of human suffering, whereas others feel that retaining the death penalty will prevent some murders at least (Donohue 795). In a poll from USA, 64% of Americans supported capital punishment for murder criminals. Since this looks embarrassingly like an undemocratic contempt for majority opinion, opponents of capital punishment realize that they need formidable arguments to justify it (O'Sullivan 402).

(3) The death penalty is sometimes the only punishment that seems equal to the horror of a particular crime (O'Sullivan 402). Hideki Tojo, the general in the imperial Japanese army, violated international law and ordered to kill millions innocent people in most Asian countries, was sentenced to hang on for being a war criminal. One of the terrible cases, the Nanking Massacre, his order caused approximately 300,000 innocent people to get killed. This may also applies to Saddam Hussein, the formal president of Iraq, was also sentenced to hang on for being responsible for Iran-Iraq War, Kuwait War and Gulf War. By his orders and policies, more than 50,000 people were seriously debilitating. Furthermore, Akmal Shaikh, a British citizen who carried 4 kilograms of heroin, enough to kill 26,800 people, into China, was also the 1st European citizen executed for drug trafficking, one of the most serious crime. Those criminals who directly or indirectly caused death were sent to hell for the peace of world.

(4) In most of the cases, capital punishment has been a beneficial to the public since it's executed many criminals from this world for a better and safer environment for public. Normally, anger, the basic emotion of human-being, would eventually convince the judges to criminals for capital punishment by the victims' families who lost the ones they loved. And the poll from the USA and global previously have clearly stated this situation; the public need capital punishment without any doubt in order to make a peaceful world.

(5) In conclusion, capital punishment, helped and saved many lives based on many facts and examples in previous paragraphs, is absolutely necessary for humans to live in a peaceful world. No matter of politics and religions, when capital punishment is necessary, there is no argument among public because public needs to consider more for the living ones than the dead ones for peace.
Hey, I'm sorry if you already turned it in and did not get any feedback. In case it's not too late, I'll comment on the structure.

I see this as the thesis statement because of how the firt paragraph culminates with it. ---> however, under certain circumstances such as serious crimes, there would a support of reinstitution based on the political change for it.

Partially, those countries which still practice it as normal are either communist or dictatorship counties with Buddhism, Judaism and Islam as main religions.

Here is a sentence I will reorganize for you:
China, remains Buddhism continues to be prominent in China as the main public religion, and China is one of the countries that currently and usually practicing capital punishment -- despite the Buddhism dogmas. C hina executed 5,000 criminals in 2008...

Here is an article I think you will really enjoy now that you write this essay:
lawreview.stanford.edu/content/vol58/issue3/steiker.pdf

:-) kind regards!!
OP roter0513 2 / 4  
Thank you very much...although I already turned it in, but it's nice to see someone replied and helped...Thank you so much!!

Home / Research Papers / Capital Punishment, death penalty paper - is absolutely necessary