Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

Argumentative Research paper on sportsmanship - ideas and advice

ewilliam 1 / 3  
I'm a suppose to write a research paper on sportsmanship.

here was my research question:
How do parents, students, and coaches show good and bad sportmanship, and how can we change the bad to good?

How can I make change this into an arguemantive? I have to write a thesis statement for it. anything will help, thanks
Bkeophoxay 1 / 2  
The morals that parents, students, and coaches should influence a person's sportsmanship. Just think about it. Coaches are suppose to encourage you in your sport and respect others. Your parents definitely should encourage you to respect others, such as other teams and/or athletes. Students can range from friends, or teammates should be doing the same. They should be a support group to give you a pat on the back when you win or lose. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :]
OP ewilliam 1 / 3  
I will , thanks that was really helpful.
OP ewilliam 1 / 3  
okay so I have my thesis set and done. I am suppose to find 3 points to argue on... I was thinking about respect, team play, responsibilities... what do you think?!

Read your articles. Keep this question in mind. As you read, look for insightful ideas that help to answer this question.

When you come to a good insight from a writer, write a sentence about it (topic sentence). Add an example and some explanation, and the sentence will grow into a paragraph.

Use one paragraph for each idea, and the paragraph should start with a topic sentence.

After you write paragraphs about ideas from 3 or 4 different articles, you will see a THEME starting to develop. That will be the time to write your thesis. Make an interesting observation, and express an opinion that some people might not agree with.

If you try to write about respect, team play, responsibilities, you will be sending yourself on a scavenger hunt for articles that discuss these three. It is better to find some cool articles, and then write paragraphs about them until you discover your thesis.

:-)

Home / Research Papers / Argumentative Research paper on sportsmanship - ideas and advice