Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 3

(ideas for my Diamante poem) - I have a poetry project to do, where to start?

wolf fire 1 / 2  
I love poetry but i always find it hard to start... so far I have three poems complete out of thirteen out i am having trouble coming up with ideas for my Diamante poem... i was thinking something about fire and water but i just cant seem to get it to come together
invot 1 / 3  
I hope this comment is "meaningful" enough to help: You can either expand the topic you're working with or you can dive deeper into it. If you use fire and water, try using the subjects of air and earth as well. Or you can divvy up "fire" into a number of categories, like the flame of a candle, a "flame" of love in your heart, a flame of a forest fire, and a flame on the sun. Remember that google is your friend when it comes to finding ideas: readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/diamante/
OP wolf fire 1 / 2  
Thanks! :-) thats really helpful! I love the idea of the flame of a forest fire and I think I can change that into wind... thank you so much! ::-))

Home / Poetry / (ideas for my Diamante poem) - I have a poetry project to do, where to start?