Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 5

The Building (Spoken Word Poetry)

unknown_desire 1 / 1  
Many a times when you are out on a normal course cruising and enjoying the sight scene, spot a very shabby, not that old but unkempt building round the corner.

Grimy looking, faded with wrinkle-like chipped off dead skin exterior all over its dilapidated structure suggests it has suffered so many seasonal catastrophies on its own. It has become a commodity now out in the open for all day display and been sold over to many businessmen, passers-by as it can not afford its coal, maintenance and levies to stay alive above the ground.

Once, it used to be beautiful, tall, elegant, stylish, modern and considered sexy for its monumental design like a Hour-Glass. It was a dream of a family who literally gave their blood to nourish it for many years. They loved it, celebrated it in numerous occasions, birthdays, parties... They decorated it with expensive ornaments metal; silver, gold and so fashionable attire; silk, linen, velvet that would expose its superb proportional well-crafted shimmery, slender curvature leaving it to others disposal.

For some time now it has been hovered by lust driven devil's advocates in gentleman's suit who trespass a religious, social and moral boundaries, rip off it's every bits and pieces. As luck would have it, it will or has already succumbed to it's fate: As It Dies Slow.

Soon it will be replaced by new one surpassing the older beauty but with positive High Interest Value that will soon spread and turn active even in the veins of its preys following the same fate As It Dies Slow.

If only one could read between the lines and say "let's not call it a building anymore. let's call it a poor girl with positive High interest Value(HIV) as it dies slow(AIDS)."
AbbieDietz 2 / 4  
This is a very powerful piece. I enjoyed the emotional experience you took me through. Excellent.
Abbie Dietz
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Wow, this poem is incredible. You paint a picture that I can see right before my eyes. You are so descriptive and powerful emotions are perceived in these mental pictures. You are describing a girl through a metaphor- a house that was once pristine, and has been used, dilapidated, and neglected. I wonder if the woman you speak of is a prostitute, because you mention AIDS. This part makes me wonder: "It has become a commodity now out in the open for all day display and been sold over to many businessmen..." Sad... but realistic. Revealing, but shocking. Beauty becomes filthy. Rich becomes poor. I like it. Keep on writing! :)
OP unknown_desire 1 / 1  
Thank you so much! i didn't expect it to be of any value since it was merely my wild imagination, perception in boredom.:)
thaoquyen 2 / 3  
Whoa, that's great ^^

Home / Poetry / The Building (Spoken Word Poetry)